Tuesday 30 November 2010

Cell Signal Booster - cell phone signal booster, cell


I have been suffering through satellite internet for years and decided I would try to boost my cell signal into my home. I tried a few other options, until I decided to pony up the dough and get this one. Let me tell you, this was the BEST purchase I have ever made, and I am completely able to get signal to discontinue my $200 a month satellite service to the $48 data card plan with my cell phone company. The speed is much better and now I can take my data card anywhere I get cell signal. This cell booster is of exceptional quality and is very easy to install. I definitely recommend this to anyone who needs to boost their cell signal. Wilson Electronics 841262 Dual Band Pro (800/1900 MHz) 62dB Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home or Office with Omni-Directional and Panel Antennas

Boss said get something to make the cell phones work better in the offices. Checked out lots of info and reviews were good on this product. I ordered it, worked better than expected.

Boss said to get another for one for the back building.

We live in a fairly large house (5,000 sq ft) with thick wooden walls, some steel beam construction in the house. Our family is on ATT with iphones, and found throughout the house, we typically had between 1-2 bars if we were lucky. About 1/7 calls would end up in a dropped call inside the house. Our kitchen and livingroom, as well as my office were 1 bar / dead zones. Fortunately for us, outside the house we would get 4-5 bars, or full service with the iphone. We were fed up having the exit the house sometimes to use our cell phones. We finally decided to try a signal booster, and used Amazon, to make sure it would work, and we know their rock solid return policy. Install was pretty easy, just 10 screws for all the units combined. We positioned our antenna on the roof where we would get 4-5 bars. We put our repeater in the basement pointing up from the center of the house, and the WHOLE HOUSE is covered by at least 4 bars, It will never even go into the 3 bar area. It is recommended in the directions to mount the repeater high, like on the 2nd floor and point it down, but it was too hard for us to run the wires. I bet if we installed it the way it was recommended we would get 5 bars in the whole house, but we only get 5 bars within 100 feet of the repeater box. Those dead zones in the kitchen, living room and office where making a phone call was something you just couldn't do, and now fully covered with 5 bars of 3G. Our 3G download speeds are hitting 7 megabit on speed tests now, thats as fast as our wifi can make the iphones go!



On a side note.



One of our family members uses T-mobile, and will at best get only 1 bar outside the house. The repeater will not make more bars than the service can provide, therefore, if you are getting 1-2 bars outside your house, I would not recommend even trying a $500 repeater, get a new service provider. She can only get 1-2 bars in the house, so it can't magically make bars, but it can help push the service through the walls without a problem.



Now if it were 1-2 bars on ATT on the cell phone outside the house, the antenna may be able to capture more bars, and provide more service inside the house. Maybe it is just because T-mobile service is so bad, that any antenna wouldn't help the cause.



Overall I am very pleased with this signal booster, and would recommend it to anyone who needs a boost inside their house. It will cover your whole house, and dropped calls or low signal will be a thing of the past. Thanks Wilson for making such a great professional product. I am thrilled that I don't have to go outside to make/receive calls anymore!

We live in log home in the woods and have a metal roof. Needless to say we had an issue with signal strength in the house. We went from two bars outside and one bar in the house to 4 bars(the max) in signal in the house. Signal on the router went from -93db to -70db. Speed test confirmed the signal indication gain. Rates went to a blazing 1.5Mbs download to .5Mbs Upload for Verizon Wirelss. When you were dealing with dial up speeds before, this was to good to believe. It is about the best it can do. I had my doubts on spending so much money and this. But the reviews and Amazons return policy made me take a chance. Short time out of the box and we had more signal then we ever thought possible. With 8 watts of power consumption I can leave it on 24/7. Be sure to follow the manual and turn cell phones off and data cards off while installing. Install the power supply last. So far worth every penny I paid and Amazon beat others prices by $140. Thanks to everyones reviews on this product ... they made me take that leap of faith!

WOW!! Have been contemplating this for a long time but hard to verify if this thing would really work. But have been so disgusted with cell service in my house that I finally bit the bullet and ordered one.

I live in the woods of central Florida, tall trees all around my house, and have a cell tower 3 miles both east and west, and if I stand outside, or climb a ladder I get a signal, 3 bars at the back of my driveway. Zero to one bar in the house. Cell phone never rings in the house, only missed calls. I am on call (MD) at times and it is a nuissance to ask to be called on both land and cell phone, cuz folks just don't remember.

Well, this booster arived yesterday, and spent the afternoon installing it. Climbed up in the rafters of my attic to feed wire for outside antena through soffit, when my wife called, and I had 3 bars! So I installed outside antennae in attic ( with extra wire in case I need to still put it outside). Finally got the rest hocked up and turned on last night, and Walla! Now have 2-3 bars inside, occasionally 4! Phone works great so far, and my V cell modem now is incredible! Was about to buy a new computer but this old one works great now.

Was reluctant to spend $500. bucks on this thing but so far it is well worth it!!!!

PS: Wilson Tech guy got me through finding special code to dial, to find OSL(outside signal level) for my phone. Inside was -120 and above, now is -81. The lower the better. Max signal is -50. Calls dropped above -100. So I have a dramatic, and measurable improvement!! - Cell - Signal Booster - Booster - Cell Phone Signal Booster'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • cell
  • ,
  • booster
  • ,
  • signal booster
  • ,
  • cell phone signal booster