Tuesday 30 November 2010

Lathe


I've recently purchased this lathe and was very happy with it when I first received it however the flimsy tailstock and tool rest screws quickly became stripped with just moderate amount of torque to them. This proxxon lathe could have been the ideal small scale lathe if the company didn't cheap out when it came to building the tool rest and the tailstock. I am going to call the company and get them to replace the tool rest and the tailstock and then I am going to put this tool on Ebay and get rid of it for the Taig lathe. You can buy the Taig with a turners set up for a small price and the components will last a lifetime. Proxxon would have had a great product if they had not gone cheap on the tailstock and the tool rest. I am going to buy the Taig and I'm sure I'll be happy with it. The Taig has many available accessories for it also and the Proxxon does not. I wish Proxxon had done a better job with the making of the lathe and with the making of accessories for it. You can get the Taig lathe at the Lee Valley site ( Canadian site ). The Taig lathe has many available accessories that can be ordered and I think I will be much happier with it. I give it 4 stars because it would have been a truly great small lathe if Proxxon had put a little bit of effort into the materials that went into the tailstock and tool rest.



Gary R. Proxxon 37020 DB 250 MICRO Woodturning Lathe

This is a Great micro lathe. We were immediately impressed with how quiet and fast the lathe is. It works beautifully. My son has been using it to turn miniature dollhouse vases, bowls, plates, cups, etc. He is able to use it inside without any loud noise. We are using this lathe with the jaw chuck that fits it. Proxxon 27026 Three Jaw Chuck for the Lathe DB 250 The two together work great and makes it easy to turn anything. We have several Proxxon products and we are totally blown away by the power, and ease of use that all their products have. We have never been disappointed by their quality. Thank you for selling such great products and standing behind your name.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lathe Lathe Lathe