Friday 26 November 2010

Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - pneumatics, finish staplers


I just purchased this stapler to install cedar siding and it worked great. Using 1 1/2 long staples it had no problem going through the siding, 3/4 plywood and into the 2 x 4 studs. This unit comes in a nice plastic case with with metal clasps. This stapler is light and easy to use. Note this unit does not come with a fitting so have one on hand if you need to use it right away. Milwaukee 7155-21 3/8-inch to 1-1/2-inch 18-gauge Narrow Crown Stapler

I bought this gun to put cabinet drawer boxes together.

The GOOD is-

I really liked it from the box. It is nice and light with a really cool belt clip. That would have never sold me on the gun, but now that I have a belt clip - I am looking for a finish nailer with one (it must have one)! It helps if you put a swivel hose nozle on the gun so it doesn't fall off your belt as easy.

This gun has a small profile and simply feels nice. The knob that allows you to control the depth clicks as you turn it (which is just plane nice again, not a feature that would sell me on the gun).

It also will not fire when it is out of staples, so it doesn't make an uneccesary hole.



The BAD points are few, and maybe undetected. I have been buying less expensive guns in the past, like porta-cable. When they broke, I tore into it to find that it has a plastic cylinder. Is that what this gun has?? The safety tip has bent out a little, which can be a big inconvenience when you are trying to shoot near an edge. The tip will not contact your material, and therefore prevent you from firing. Also, there is no indicator of your staple supply.

So far, I would still buy this gun again!

As a pneumatic neophyte I found the 7140-21 very easy to load and use. Worked perfectly right out of the box without any depth adjustments. Quality and durability are important to me so I was willing to spend a little more. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Milwaukee tool in the future. You supply your own NPT adapter so make sure you have it on hand so you can begin using this tool immediately.

This seems to be a pretty sweet little gun. I am a contractor and just wanted to find a rebuild kit for my senco gun. Saw this low priced gun and thought I would take a chance on it. I needed to staple a lot of Redwood slats for a Japanese style fence. The gun worked perfectly. I really liked the depth of drive adjustment. For underlayment you will probably want a heavier duty gun.

I've had half a dozen narrow crown staplers and worn them all out. I've used this one a few times now and have been pleased. One nice feature is that it stops sending the plunger down when it runs out of staples. The price was right and the stapler seems like a good one.

The price points on this tool are pretty good. It has many attractive features and it operates quite nicely. This model allows staples up to 1 1/2 inches in length--its best feature. Most "economy-priced" staplers stop at one inch, a limitation that will come back to haunt you. Much of the tool is plastic, so don't expect an ultra-rugged workhorse like the Milwaukee tools of the good old days. I use this tool for both work and home projects and expect it to last as long as its comparable-priced competitors. CAUTION: This tool does NOT come with an air line nipple, so plan to have one on hand if you buy this product.

I havnt used it much but wen I did it set the 1 1/2" staples in MDF and pine with no problem. I found the safety to be a hinderance in detailed mouldings, I forced it back with a shim and works much better now. It still sticks out 1/8" I tried to hacksaw it off but it must be hardend, a friend suggested I use the belt sander. I had an old pasload that bit the dust and it was much heavier than this tool. I luv the light weight and the color. If I can eliminate this saftey and it performs in the hardwoods I will be a happy camper.

This Milwaukee stapler has worked pretty well and has saved me a lot of work. A far cry from having to use a manual stapler. I do have two minor complaints. The first is that mine did not come with the anti-mar piece that fits over the actuation plunger. This would help to minimize the amount of surface marks on the finished product. The second issue is that when using the smaller sized staples - 3/8" and 1/2" - it will occasionally misfire. It doesn't jam - just no staple is fired. The next one may be fine, or it may take two or three tries. Then it is back to normal. I have been using only brand name staples, so can't imagine that is the issue. Even with this irritation, I would never go back to doing it the old way. - Staplers - Milwaukee - Finish Staplers - Pneumatics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information