Monday 29 November 2010

Carrying Case - external hard drive case, hard drive case


I have bought this hard carrying case for my WD My Passport Essential of 640GB.

It fits perfect and protects the hard drive against any type of fall. Besides, this rugged case has an extra compartment for the USB Cable. A small strap with a nice WD Logo is also included and ties the cable to store it inside the case.

I recommend everyone to buy this case if you have a portable external hard drive or are planning to buy one, especially if you have in mind a WD External Hard Drive, because its style and nice WD Logo on the front combines perfect...!! Western Digital Hard Carrying Case for My Passport Portable Drives WDBABJ0000NBK-NRSN - Black

I have a bunch of WD Passport Essential drives and as a consultant they get beat up in my backpack during all my travel. I have so much valuable stuff on these drives that I finally broke down and bought 3 of these cases before I destroyed one. I'm really impressed by the durability and protection the provide and will still fit easily into my computer backpack. Shopping around, I found them for about $10. Good value.

I made the mistake of leaving my WD passport on the hood of my truck one morning when I was leaving to go to work. I made it about a mile from the house when the passport was thrown off of the hood of my truck and onto the freeway. It was about 6am (still dark) I searched that morning for a little bit but did not see it, so I figured I would come back that afternoon when the sun was shining and see if I could find it. I came back and walked around in the tall grass on the side of the freeway and found my passport still in the case. The case had a little road rash on it and was a little muddy and wet (it rained that afternoon) but the Passport inside was 100% OK! I took it home and it worked peferctly. This is a GREAT CASE!

Great Nylon Case.

Looks cool has red interior with a small stretchy interior pocket to hold your usb cord as well and a small indentation on the inside of the pocket so your connection ports on the end of the cord have a little extra room. My 640 gb Elements portable hard drive fit perfectly and it closed for a nice snug fit. Great case, great construction. Cant go wrong. Its small and compact so easy to cary in a bag or brief case.

I use WD passport drives as changeable backup units.

The drives are swapped daily. When in transport, the drives are in this case.

The case is used daily & has held up well. It fits into a womans purse.

Has been dropped once - saved the drive from damage.

It does its job, looks attractive, zipper has held up, good purchase.

1st of all this case is great it fits my WD Passport 1TB External Harddrive perfect. The case is hard on the outside which will prevent your external from having any serious problems in case of a fall. Great Product.

I received this product through the mail, and as I took it out of the packaging, an intense odor drifted out. I couldn't put my finger on the specific smell, but it was terrible. I tried everything to get rid of it but could not. I didn't want it to affect my view on the product, but then it made my hard drive smell terrible as well. It did fit perfectly and is extremely protective of my Western Digital 1tb 2.0/3.0 My passport essential.



Smells so bad

This a great carrying case for a My Passport external hard drive. I have a 500gb USB 2.0/3.0 drive, and it fits nice an snug inside the case. The inside is a soft material so it won't scratch the gloss black of the hard drive. There is a separate compartment for your usb cable as well.

I bought this case for my 2nd WD external HD, well needless to say, the hard drive fits perfectly into the case w/o the USB cord. It takes some work to get the cable in and close the case, and hopefully you don't have a long USB cord. I would recommend the Case Logic Compact Portable Hard Drive Case (Black). This will give you room for the HD, a long USB cord an a few USB Flash Drives, if you desire.

The case is very protective, it seems, but the built quality is cheap. The sewing wasn't very good outside and inside the box. The velcro thing that suppose to hold the HD came torn, I had to throw it away (it is useless anyway). The WD metal logo is not straight, it is a little tweaked. So, the word to describe it is CHEAP. - External Hard Drive Case - Carrying Case - Hard Drive Case - Wd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information