Thursday 25 November 2010

Cell Phone Accessories - cell phone holder, car mounts


Installed a few days ago. Grips phone well, in various positions. Releases easily (one button). Careful w/ mounting hooks. They are thin (to fit into vent slats) and have to be bowed when removed (to disengage hook). Just be careful and take your time. Installed, seems solid. Design allows for lots of vent/dash designs. For the price, don't think you can go wrong. Luxmo universal car vent or dash mount phone holder with adjustable grip

I like the way it attaches to the vent or dash. I prefer the vent mount. The base of the holder should be larger so that the cell phone can rest securely in the holder. You have to pinch the adjustable sides very tightly or the phone will fall out. This could be eliminated with a larger base.

I've had this device for my Samsung SCH-a870 phone for a few months now, but recently 1 of the tabs broke off making it useless.

When it wasn't broken it sorta did its job. It didn't fit as snug as i had hoped and have had multiple times where the part that attached to the phone would come loose.

I tried other universal cell phone holders that either damaged the vent louvers or would not stay attached. This was the only one I found to stay in place and firmly hold my cell phone or ipod. My wife liked it so much I had to buy another one for me.

Unfortunately the device did not adapt to my vent, so I had to use the supplied adhesive. It did not hold, even though I thoroughly cleaned the area of adhesion.

The phone is held well by the holder, though, but the whole setup keeps falling off where it is attached to my dash, because of the poor adhesive.

I tried the peel-and-stick mount first (after of course, cleaning the site really well). It stayed for a few days, then fell off after a few bumps in the roads, so now I use it on the vents which works just fine. What more do you want for 5 bucks? - Car Mounts - Automotive - Car Mount - Cell Phone Holder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information