Sunday 28 November 2010

Scratch Remover - cd repair, scratch remover


This is a very easy to use product and works betteer and faster than the Memorex dual claener/polisher system I had a few years back. No need to get an automatic cleaner device - this works very well by hand. My only reccomendation is to buy TWO of these instead of just one. This is a true life saver for CD's, DVDS, scratched screens on kid's toys, etc. Audiovox Surface SURF404 DVD/CD/Game Disc Scratch Repair Kit

Product does repair minor scratches. However, deep circumferential scratches (the kind which cause skipping and freezing) were only slightly improved. Even after five or more applications and LOTS of elbow grease, these scratches were not repaired sufficiently to eliminate disk read errors. To repair major scratches, your best choice is definitely the SkipDr Premier.

I used this on 3 of my CDs and 2/3 worked just fine in the stereo in my house but they stilled skipped in my car. The car CD player must be a little more sensitive but I used the product on the CDs a couple more times with no luck. It is good fr small scratches and blemishes but not more extensive problems.

The kit includes a fluid and a microfiber cloth. The fluid is supposed to fill scratches and harden. Well, in my trials on several different CDs, the scratches remained, even with repeated application of the fluid. The "repair" kit boils down to a very nice but overpriced microfiber cloth, which I do use to clean CDs...

I purchased this product to help fix several of my kids' Wii games - four different games had various degree of scratches. One of the games had very "heavy" scratches; obviously deep scratches that ran across the game disc as well as several that ran with the disc tracks. The product did not help this game at all. One of the games had very light scratches; what I call "feather" scratches. Multiple applications of the product did not remove the scratch from the surface, which is what I expected, but I was keeping my fingers crossed that the product would somehow bond and fill-in the surface of the scratch. No such luck.



This product may work fin on other media, but it did not help with Wii games.

I had an Xbox game that got scratched along the whole outer edge because I moved the Xbox while the machine was still spinning (idiot!). That's the worst kind of scratch, I think, but at least it wasn't deep. I used the solution and polished for many minutes. Didn't work. Continued several more minutes. Didn't work, but the scratches were visibly less severe. Finally, figuring I had nothing to lose, I pulled out my Dremel small drill with a felt polishing wheel and went at it with the solution on the disc (I wouldn't recommend this technique generally unless you have nothing to lose). It worked! I can't say for sure it was the solution that did the trick, or could I have just gone straight to the polishing drill? But in the end I got the result I wanted, so I feel compelled to give a positive rating.

I was disappointed with this product. I followed the instructions to the tee and it took me about 6 tries before the wii game started to work. I tried with my other wii game, but there was no hope. I was scrubbing and applying the solution repeatedly for about an hour and the game just didn't work. So, I was disappointed...

I've used this product with a half dozen DVDs that didn't work because of small scratches, and it saved them, totally repaired the imperfections so they're working again like new.



I would recommend it without hesitation.



Thanks Audiovox!! - Video Games - Cd Repair - Cd And Dvd Polisher - Scratch Remover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • cd and dvd polisher
  • ,
  • video games
  • ,
  • scratch remover
  • ,
  • cd repair