Monday 29 November 2010

Ipod Touch Screen Protector - ipod touch, screen protection


After reading the various reviews on this item, I was on the fence about applying this to my shiny new iPod Touch (2G) 32GB. After all, it's an expensive gadget! Needless to say, I am very pleased with the outcome.



I ordered my 3-pack through Bargaincell and they do indeed cover the entire face with an upside-down "U" cut out in the bottom to make space for the tactile "Home" button. They are also crystal clear and do not impact the visual appearance of the LCD screen nor do they impact touchscreen sensitivity in any way (that I could notice, and I'm quite nit-picky).



I methodically install screen protectors on all of my gadgets the day I get them. So here are some tips I've come up with while applying this particular protector:



1. Try to do this under very bright lighting (such as under a desk lamp) so it's easier to see any stray dust.



2. Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before handling. Blow on your hands and rub them briskly together to remove any towel lint.



3. Use the included cleaning cloth with a drop or two of water to remove all existing residue and finger smudges.



4. One you remove the thin backing to expose the light adhesive, only handle the protector by the long edges. Making the letter "C", you should hold it in your hand as if holding a playing card (palm facing down).



5. Since the protector is very difficult to remove without damaging it, take the included smoothing card (or the edge of the backing you just removed) and place it under one corner because chances are, it WILL take several attempts to align the protector perfectly.



6. If you are correctly holding it at the long edges, the protector will bow downwards. Just before you apply it to the center of the iPod, gently blow across the iPod's screen to remove any dust particles that have landed over the past few seconds.



7. Slowly place the protector on the iPod's screen and allow to slowly flatten from the inside to the outer edges. Do not let go until the last possible moment. Fortunately, this protector is stiff enough to eliminate most (if not all) bubbles along the way.



8. If it is aligned to your satisfaction, gently remove the smoothing card from the corner. If not, use the card to gently peel up the protector and try again.



9. Once aligned, use the smoothing card to smooth out any stray bubbles near the edges.



10. Enjoy your protected iPod! iKross 3-Pack Premium Reusable LCD Screen Protector with Lint Cleaning Cloth for iPod touch (Clear)

I initially got this for my iPod Touch 2g. It does what it says it will do, BUT it attracts fingerprints and smears like crazy! I thought this was simply the price to be paid for protecting the screen.



However I was in a coffee shop the other day and this guy saw me cleaning my screen. He asked me if I had a screen protector on it and I said yes.



He pulled out his iPhone and handed it to me and said "Go ahead swipe, touch and tap it."



I did and much to my surprise THERE WERE NO SMUDGES OR FINGERPRINTS! I noticed that when tilted a little it had a slight non reflective satin sheen to it rather than a glossy reflection like mine did.



I asked him where he got his screen protector and he told me at the online apple store.



I did some research and found out the company that makes it is called "Power Support".



You don't have to get it at the apple store tho, you can get it here at Amazon or other places. Just search for "Power Support Anti Glare Film".



It IS around $15.00 for a set of 2 screen protectors.



HOWEVER, for the ability to have a smudge and fingerprint free iPod Touch and to reduce the glare on the screen, I was more than willing to pay the price.



Hope this helps!

These are great and the price is right for a 3 pack of them. It was not too challenging putting this protector on.(Hint, only hold the sides of the protector when applying it to the iPod) This protector is crystal clear, I cant even tell that its on. The protector covers the entire front of the ipod touch (except the home button) though, it seems like its a slightly smaller, Im, not sure because i could of placed it on a little crooked. Which you cant even tell if you use a sleeve or iClear cover as I do.

I bought this to go with the Griffin 8167-ITCLR iClear Hard-Shell Case for iPod touch and having them both together makes me feel more comfortable about my ipod touch being well protected.



I'm !00% Satisfied with this product.

If the shipper is Eforcity you will not receive the product in photo.You will receive a partial screen protector sized to cover the "touch" portion of the screen. It's not IKross but from company called Insten. When I asked for the full screen as I had ordered they kindly and quickly sent a replacement but unfortunately it was the same wrong product.



If partial screen is what you need, then the product is fine. - Ipod Touch - Ipod Accessories - Itouch Accessories - Screen Protection'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information