Tuesday 30 November 2010

Laptop Accessories - cooling, laptop fan


First thought out of the box, solid construction. light weight and virtually silent. I have had my netbook running about 6 hours now (plugged in) and it's nice and cool. I added velcro pads to the legs of the fan and bottom of computer, now it goes everywhere with the netbook. for the price, it is just what I needed. USB Powered Dual Fan Universal Folding Laptop Cooling Pad - Adjustable to fit all size notebooks

I ordered this product. When it arrived, it looked reasonable -- but cheap with flimsy plastic. However, one pad was missing and another half torn off.



I returned it, and re-ordered. The second arrived with one fan broken. I returned this and gave up (I have a low tolerance threshold, and 2 is my limit).



Fortunately, Amazon has one that's roughly the same price, arrives in 2 days, and is made out of metal raher than plastic. It's at Black Mini Portable Folding Notebook Latpop Cooler Pad w/2 60mm Fans

Cooling fan missing pads to hold the laptop up and secure it in place. Called DB customer service center in regards via email and phone on numerous accounts and still have yet to hear a word its been over a month i even had the phone hung up on me after being on hold for 20 min...

One of the fans immediately broke after using it for the first time. Luckily I only use this on my net book and i use the fan on the one side that gets hot. Still very disappointed and would have just went with a cheaper one if i wanted it to break so fast.

This is a handy little gadget that folds small enough to fit easily in your carry bag. It's lightweight but seems to be sturdy and well made.



It also comes with two extra feet that snap on if you prefer to tilt your netbook. I use it for my 7" netbook, but it adjusts to fit a 10" or 15". I had to move the arms around a bit until I got them in the right position, but that's because I was anxious to see how it worked and didn't take the time to look at the picture.



It's so nice to be able to work for long periods of time without my netbook getting hot. That can't have been good for it.



The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is, while it's very quiet, there is a slight vibration.



I'm very pleased with this product and the price is certainly right.

This little contraption, aside from being little, is very quiet--I can use it without distracting others around me. It does a good job keeping my computer cool, but I have to position it just right, and it looks a little awkward, plus if it's not centered just right you have a wobbly situation. Overall though I'd recommend it, you can't beat the price.

For it's price you can't go wrong. The USB is very flimsy. The first one I got the usb stopped working after 1 day but they sent me a whole new item without me returning the defected one. They were very responsive and prompt.

The legs fell off and broke the day after I received the product, but the fan still works. I have it sitting between the laptop and the laptop stand, but if I did not have the stand, the product would be useless after the legs broke off. I would not buy another one as cheap as this again.

This is a cheap product and helps in cooling your laptop well. My laptop's internal cooling fan got broken, so laptop used to shutdown withing 15 minutes due to overheating. Using this cooling fan, I was able to run laptop for long time with this. Also since its foldable, I can fold it and put it in my Laptop backpack easily.However 2 major disadvantages are that it may not last for long. I started using mine in February 2011 and it ran perfectly till july 2011. But then one of the blades of the right side fan broke and sometimes it used to start and sometimes not. Also for using this fan, u either need to place it on a flat surface like a table of floor. for any other surface like a bed, u need to put it on a medium thick book like a college textbook or else it will not work due to interference from bed sheet etc. But this is problem with all kinds of cooling fans



Pros: Silent,fits different sizes of laptops, effective in cooling, cheap and good value for money, efficient is using power of ur laptop

Cons: Not long lasting, may break after 6-7 months - Laptop Fan - Playstation 3 - Cooling - Laptop Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • cooling
  • ,
  • laptop accessories
  • ,
  • playstation 3
  • ,
  • laptop fan