Tuesday 30 November 2010

swimming goggles - swimming goggles


I purchased the Aqua Sphere Seal XP Lady Swim mask because goggles don't fit me well. I tried many different goggles, but they all leaked or had to be so tight that I'd have marks half the day. After using these for a couple of weeks, I can say I am pleased. I haven't had any leak issues, there are no marks on my face after an hour swim, and my vision range is excellent. While I wouldn't want them for pool racing (too bulky), they are fantastic for open water swims and pool workouts. These are definitely staying in my swim bag! Aqua Sphere Seal XP Lady Swim Goggles(Clear Lens, Trans/Aqua)

These goggles left deep marks in my forehead and cheeks, did not quite seal around my nose (been told I have a Roman nose, and my hat size is large), and maybe because the seal was bad they even fogged up! MAYBE someone with a smaller head and face would have more success...



*Instead I would recommend the same company's Aqua Sphere Vista Lady Swim Mask Aqua Sphere Vista Lady Swim Mask and/or the Aqua Sphere Vista Swim Mask Aqua Sphere Vista Swim Mask. They fit similar and have way more soft silicone-like plastic around the edges which seals gently but AIR TIGHT. I have a pair of each now (the ladies version doesn't come with a dark lens for outside) and they never fog, never leak, leave minimal marks on my face (main reason I purchased them), and fit both my husband and I perfectly. And the vision through them is SO CLEAR it's unbelievable. I believe they're made in Italy.

The Romans had swimming pools, but unfortunately for them, they didn't have these goggles!



Not to worry: in our era, this Italian product gives you a comfortable, leak-proof fit with a wide view. Aqua Spheres don't just protect your eyeballs, they reach your zygomatic arches, giving you pretty good peripheral vision.



(That way you can avoid accidental encounters during Adult Swim Hour when, for instance, your foot gets caught in a fellow swimmmer's trunks because you unwittingly merged out of your lane and did not see him until it was too late. Awk-WARD !)



Also, they're sturdy, so you won't need to replace them frequently.



I'd recommend these for anyone who loves recreational swimming. I don't know if they'd be appropriate for racing, but they might give good protection for water polo. Or, Marco Polo !

I cant use normal goggles cause I feel like they make my big eyes pop out. These types of goggles are much more comfortable on my eyes, and these are made for women so they fit my smaller face. Ive never found goggles that don't leak, but these work for me pretty well. I've been using them for a while. I noticed they leak horribly if I don't wet them and my face first. After that they seal pretty well. I'd only recommend them to those that can't wear the normal little goggles.

These are simply the best goggles I've ever worn.



Now, there may be some reasons. I have a very small face. I wear eyeglasses, and I actually purchase frames made for children, rather than for adult women.



My optometrist told me my eyes are closer together than average.



Whatever the reasons, I think these goggles work becasue there's simply more surface area for the goggle rims to cling to. When these goggles form a suction, you *feel* it. It's a mini-vacuum. Other goggles--made for speed racing--might form a slight suction, but not a noticeable one. The result, for me, used to be water coming in every few laps. That's all over now with these new goggles.



Visibility underwater is *greatly* increased, as a nice side effect. Which means it's really a pleasure to simply *see* stuff when submerged.



Also, these are sanely designed. It's *easy* to adjust them! I can't believe most standard goggles are such a hassle to adjust.



Great product! I don't leave many reviews, did so this time because I'm so impressed.

Love these googles. We are an aqua sphere family for their great products. I have the indoor clear aqua sphere goggles, but my eyes are sensitive to bright light. I purchased these for the outdoor pool. I can keep playing with the kids and scout for them above water with the smoke lens. They reduce that burning eyes at the end of the day from too much sun.

Finally! So great to have goggles that fit and don't leave painful indents around my eyes. I jumped into a lake from a boat with these on and they didn't budge. And the range of vision was excellent. When I got out of the water, I forgot I had them on. Love 'em.

I really like these goggles. I would say that I have an average size head/face but deep set eyes. These goggles do not leave awful, deep, red marks around my face for several hours like standard goggles. In fact I barely have any mark at all which is really nice especially when I have to go somewhere after swimming. The suction sets up pretty well although I really have to work on the temple area of the goggle every once and a while and be careful that your swim cap doesn't interfere as well. They can fog a little initially but I found that spitting on the interior of the lens and rinsing in the pool seems to work just fine for that even if swimming for an hour. They are also very easy to tighten once they are on and they also provide a great view of anything you may need to look at due to the wide lens. I haven't had these in a protective case at all and it looks like it's not too easy to scratch although I do try to take care of them regardless. - Swimming Goggles'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information