Tuesday 30 November 2010

Yoga Mat Bag - manduka, manduka mat


This is a good bag as it's well ventilated and large enough for my 71-inch BlackMatPro. I like that it's made of canvas and easily washable (it smelled when I got it new).



One big flaw for the high price: The metal links of the strap dig into the shoulder and HURT! It has a strap pad but if you're carrying the bag vertically up and down your back, the position is so that the metal clasp is right on the meat of your shoulder. It's tolerable for walking from the car to the studio, but if your trekking from home, you may need to cover it with foam or something.



This is one of the most expensive bags available, so for ~$50 I'd say it's okay; I haven't found one any better. Manduka Mat Sak (Large, Graphite)

and worth it but if you're most concerned about price there are much less expensive, functional bags out there, albeit not as good looking. The bag lacks a secure place to store small items such as ID, cell phone, keys, etc...but has a generous sized side compartment which comfortably fits a towel, strap and bottle of water.

The bag is very well constructed and (mostly) well designed- plenty of space for the large mat and one change of clothes thoughtful pocket for keys, etc...but the zipper jams on the interior lining if you're not careful.



I loved it for the first three uses...but then the zipper jammed for the 3rd time.



Fumbling for my keys through the jammed zipper opening, I triggered the car alarm. Then I just ripped the bag open.



That is all.



Namaste.

I bought and then returned this bag. It's cute, but the zippers wouldn't open fully (they got stuck about two inches from the end). Since I own a large mat, not being able to completely open the zippers was a major problem.

I bought this to carry my new extra-long Manduka yoga mat. You can't see it well from the pictures, but there are two zippers...one side for the mat, the other side for extras. That other side is a great fit for my yogitoes mat towel and there's also a smaller zippered compartment inside for keys and such. Very practical and the padded shoulder strap is nice.

The bag is very sturdy, but the only thing negative about is that the yoga mat has to be rolled immaculately so it fits in the bag snugly, otherwise you will have to keep re-rolling the mat to make it fit in the bag.

I bought this with my extra long Manduka mat. It holds the mat on one side and holds a pair of jeans and a polo shirt easily in the other. Not much room for anything else though but that's good I suppose otherwise it would look like carry on luggage. Zippers are heavy duty and strap is comfortably wide. I like the handle on the side, too...comes in handy when I pull the bag from my backseat.

I am really glad I bought this bag. I have the 85 inch mat and this bag holds my mat, manduka towel and eye pillow. There is also a mesh pocket where I keep my keys and cash.



I would highly recommend this bag. The manduka mat is heavy and the padded shoulder strap is great! - Yoga - Manduka Mat - Manduka - Yoga Mat Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information