Saturday 30 July 2011

29 Inch Inseam


I bought both these and the "Clean" khaki D2 pants and just wanted to pass along what the difference is. The clean khakis are missing:

1. Wrinkle-free

2. Individual-fit waistband

3. permanent crease



For the $3 difference in price, I think the Signature khakis are a better value. They fit better, too. Though the clean khakis look more casual because of the lack of crease. Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D2 Straight Fit Flat Front Pant,Black,30x34

A really good quality business casual pant. It fits good. I'm a 44 waist and wanted a more straight fit than the traditional, classic or especially a pleated pant fit that are always too baggy. These exactly fit the criteria. My wife loves the way they look on me. They do pick up a bit more lint than I expeacted.

These slacks are very conformable, and they look great. However, I keep my keys in my pocket all day, which I'm sure many do. My keychain is relatively small (5ish keys and a keyfob), but I have found that after several weeks of wear, the area on the outside of the slacks that corresponds to the pocket my keys are kept in has started to get threadbare. I don't do a lot of physical activity in these slacks, so it seems it has something to do with the quality of the fabric.

The D2 is the only Dockers fit that fits me. I have 4 different colors and I like them all. The only thing is that the colors are sensitive to ironing so I end up with straight white lines on the front (very thin though). I have to iron them because they're not very wrinkle free.

The actual waist size I received, as measured with tape, was 33 1/2 when the label says 32. My older Dockers, before the "Individual Fit Waistband" was 32 1/2 when the label says 32. It seems that all Dockers now have the "Individual Fit Waistband".



Is it now normal to be 1 1/2 inch bigger in the waist than the listed size? Maybe it is. I found Nordstroms are about the same as the current Dockers sizing.



In any case, the quality of the pants seems adequate. As others have commented, there seems to be some downgrading of the material. While it's not bad, it seems lighter and not as dense. But adequate in my view. The wrinkle-free aspect is decent. I've had several brands of wrinkle-frees, and these are adequate in that regard.

I ordered these for my husband, who already had a pair of black dockers that he wore whenever he has to "dress up".

I felt he needed a second pair, (and a TINY bit bigger...) and the item came on time and fit as I expected, he was so happy he even tried them on and took a picture of himself when I wasn't home! :o)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


29 Inch Inseam 29 Inch Inseam 29 Inch Inseam