Thursday 28 July 2011

Walkie Talkie


I use a Motorola Talkabout T6400 in whats called an "Airsoft Game", much like paintball, but with a military simulation twist. Anyway, communication is a very important thing, thus we all use two-way radios. Holding the radio and carrying it in my hand just was not an option, as I use an airsoft gun that takes up two hands. I bought the T6400 with a clip and all, but needed a headset. I saw many products outthere, some ranging from $20-100. I was tight on money, so I decided to go with this particular item. For $10, or whatever it is, you can't really beat it. The capabilities are as follows (especially if you are looking for the VOX feature)PTT and VOX compatible with Talkabout® 270, 280, T289, T5100, T5200, T5300, T5320, T5400, T5410, T5420, T5600, T5620, T5700, T5710, T5720, T5800, T5820, T5950, T6200, T6210, T6220, T6250, T6300, T6310, T6320, T6400, T7200 Series, fr50 and fr60 radios. PTT-only compatible with T5100, T5200, fr50 and fr60 radios are not VOX/handsfree capable, therefore, headset is manual PTT only. On to the field testing and use..After doing some prelimenary tests to adjust my volume and whatnot, I got out in a game. My teammates said they could hear me loud and clear, almost too loud they said, haha. I could hear them perfectly as well. However, the ear piece that hooks onto your earlobe would occasionally fall off, now I have a small ear which was probably the problem. The VOX feature that I can use on my two-way works pretty well using this headset. It will pick up your voice almost everytime within a tenth of a second, and agian, transmit everything 'loud and clear'. Be careful when whispering those things other people aren't supposed to hear ;) it will pick up EVERYTHING. Whoopsies....I would highly recommened this item for any type of "irregular" use. As far as using it in the car, or however else, I do not think it would be my first choice because of the bulkiness, etc.The clarity is an A+, the price is an A+, the receiving earpiece gets an A, and the ear piece itself, well a "B" for falling off my ear. Good Luck! Motorola Earpiece with Boom Microphone

I paintball a lot and have spent well over $100 in different mic's. This one is the only one that my team uses now. It stays on, is very clear and works well for everyone on our team, young, old, big or little ears. We also use it for cycling.

My wife and I purchased this product to use when bicycling with Motorola T5950s. This was our first experience with mic/earphone combinations, and we've been very pleased with it. The sound is very clear and easy to understand and we've had no trouble with the device staying on our ears--even though my ears are much larger than my wife's! We've also found them to be quite comfortable--even after two hours we haven't noticed any discomfort. The only negative we've noticed is that there is a 1/2 second or so delay before the VOX (voice activated transmission) kicks in, so we have to start each transmission with an "Aaaa..." before we speak to activate it. That's a function of the radio's VOX, though, and not a problem with the mic/earphone!! Based on our experience, we'd highly recommend the Motorola 56320.

My buddy and I use the Motorola 56320 earpiece & boom microphone several times over the past year. We use them in conjunction with Motorola VOX capable walkie talkies. They are fairly comfortable and work as advertised.



We do have one small complaint. You wouldn't think so but I could argue that the cheap 10 cent microphone windscreen is this product's most important component.



I found this out the hardway. The windscreen is not secured to the microphone by any adhesive. Over time the fit gets loose, and it keeps falling off. When this happens it is only a matter of time before you lose it. We use ours to comunicate while bike riding. Without a windscreen, the mike constantly keeps openning and closing, regardless of sensitivity settings.



Trying to buy replacement windscreens is near impossible. We searched high and low, and could not find anything afordable. We settled on a piece of a replacement foam cushion. It worked, however it makes us look like dorks! We finally caved and bought new headsets.



So do yourself a favor, before you use the Motorola 56320, take a minute and secure the windscreen to the mike with electrical tape or adhesive. If you don't you'll be kicking yourself after you lose it and recall this prediction!

I work security and use the motorola two way radios a lot. The ear piece headset works well but only if you have big ears. I have small ears and the earpiece would slip off a lot. My co-worker likes it because it's lightweight and fits snug. He has larger ears than I do. I recommend this product if you have large enough ears for the earpiece to hang on to.

I purchased this with MJ270R, the quality of the headset is good, and it holds its place in my ear, and even inside a motorcycle helmet.



The important note is:



Do not plug the headset when the radio is on. If you do that, then the radio immediately starts transmitting and does not stop no matter what you do until the head set is unplugged.



To use the headset, turn off the radio, plug in the headset, open the radio. When you do that it goes into VOX mode, it will start transmitting in about one second of your speaking. If you press PTT button, the VOX will be cancelled, and if you want to enable VOX again just turn off and on the radio.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Walkie Talkie Walkie Talkie Walkie Talkie