Wednesday 27 July 2011

Safe Scooter - scooter, kickboard


Amazing! Expensive scooter but worth every penny. Can be dismantled so its very easy to take everywhere. We had the mini kick scooter from 18mths old & it was still going strong after 3 years of continuous use but unfortunately our son outgrew it. Looking forward to many years with this scooter that grows with your child! Highly recommended!! maxi kick Scooter - ORANGE with T-Bar Steering. Winner of the Oppenheim Portfolio Gold and Platinum Seal Awards 2009

These scooters are great. My 3 year old zips all over on it. He is easily able to steer and stop. It is low to the ground which makes it easier for him to ride. The two wheels in the front give more stability. It even works well in our neighborhood where the sidewalk is not in the best shape. All of the boys in our neighborhood have these scooters. They prefer them over bikes. I got the Maxi kick for my 3 yr old (the older version) and he rides it with no problem - I'm glad I got the older version than the younger version, he'll be able to use it for years to come.

We already had the Mini-Kick for our 3 year old and our 4.9 year old really wanted one too. She was not ready for a two wheel scooter and this was a perfect choice. She can work on coordination and "zooming" but this is far more stable. I was worried about some of the cheaper and less balanced scooters; we had heard far to many stories about broken bones on other cheap scooters.



Its a smart design and took one click and one turn to put together. I love that it is height adjustable and will grow with her.



We are very happy with our purchase.

Paid 129.99 on sale for my 5 year old. He loves it, and the handle bar on the lowest setting is perfect for him right now. It was super easy to put together. And it is really cute, I love the bright orange color. I feel like this kind of scooter will help him to learn how to ride a regular skateboard in the future. I don't let him ride it without his helmet and I am going to get some knee and elbow pads too. These are my issues with it:



1. It's way overpriced in my opinion, even on sale



2. The foot board is completely plastic, I wish the frame underneath the board was made of something stronger.



3. The T-Bar is straight up and down, which puts your body and center of gravity off balance a bit.



I feel like this kind of scooter will help him to learn how to ride a regular skateboard. It is a fast little scooter so I am going to purchase knee and elbow pads to go along with his bike helmet. - Safe Scooter - Scooter - Kickboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information