Wednesday 27 July 2011

Memory Card Readers - micro sd card, memory card reader


I bought a 8GB HC miniSD card which came with a reader a few months ago for my phone, and was so very frustrated when I couldn't get it to read on my computer, that I almost returned it. As I was looking at the possibility that the cheap looking reader/converter that it came with was malfunctioning, I stumbled across this little gem. OMG! It worked on the very first try with no problems at all. Now, I can quickly transfer files from my computer to my phone and vice-versa quickly and without any fuss. It's also really small (I almost lost it on my cluttered desk)and will easily fit on a keychain. I highly recommend getting this Mobilemate reader from Sandisk if you have a mini hcsd card compatibility problem. Also, the price can't be beat at under $10 with shipping! Sandisk MobileMate Micro SD & M2 Reader (SDDR-121, Bulk Package)

I bought this because I have the 8Gig memory card for the Sony Walkman W580i, and it takes a VERY long time to fill the card with music using the included cable. Slip your Micro SD card into this reader, but the reader in your USB port, and load your card with your music. Finished in a fraction of the time as it takes using the cable.

Functionally, this device works as advertised so I have no complaints from that aspect. It does what it is advertised to do.



The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is due to its small size and the Micro SD slot is open to the elements.



As other reviewers have stated, the photo is misleading because it gives you the idea the unit is the size of a standard USB Flash Drive. In reality... it's MUCH smaller than that. It's only 1 1/4" long x 5/8 wide, 1/8" thick. I have small hands but even so its small size makes it hard to hold and insert the micro SDHC card.



(A co-worker said; "Wow, that's really small, if you sneeze you might loose it")



The good news is it comes with a lanyard so you can hook loop it over your finger while using and hook it on your keychain when not.



Also disappointing is the photo is showing the "back side" of the drive. I was thinking the red end cap would be removed, or flip up to reveal the Micro SDHC slot, but that's not the case. The slot for the SDHC card is actually on the other side. When you flip this unit over the other side has a small slot that is open and exposed to the elements all the time. If you were to carry this drive in your pocket it could easily get clogged up with lint or other debris.



I'm going to try and post some photos to give a better idea as to the size and open SDHC slot situation.

I've used these items, purchased from other vendors, in the past. The adapters seem to have a short lifespan of about 6 months. Also, beware that they need to be handled gently upon insertion and removal, as the front end plastic cracks easily. I'm also very disappointed in this particular vendor. Although the price is astonishingly low, contrary to the photographs, I received these WITHOUT THE KEYCHAIN ring and cord! Without those items, these units are useless.

Within two weeks of everyday use, the device stopped working. I verified the M2 card wasn't defective and tried the combination on another Windows PC with no luck. I would honestly only recommend this if you plan to never remove it!

I purchased this through a local store for my boss in the morning. The computer would act like it was finding it, but it would never show up in the list of removable drives. Tried everything that Sandisk support recommended on their website, and tried multiple computers running different versions of Windows (7 and XP). Same problem with all of them. It was returned to the store in the afternoon of the same day.

I've bought 5 of these things. Over a year has past, and only 2 are still operational. For some reason one day they just quit. Windows started seeing them as "unrecognized device", and then one day it wouldn't show at all. I would not recommend this product.

I bought this device with a m2 memory for my C902 sony ericsson cellphone and is very easy to use and I had 0 compatibility issues with windows/ubuntu 10.04. I also saved some music in the memory and with the adapter I was able to play the music on my usb car radio. No Problems at all!! I recommend this little friend :) !!!

Already lost track of the USB cord for the Sony Walkman phone, so I bought this thing for six bucks. Pull the micro M2 chip from the phone and pop it in here, and it's a USB memory stick. Way smaller and easier to carry around than the cord, and cheap enough that you can just get one for the work computer and one for home, so you won't lose 'em. - Card Reader - Memory Card Reader - Memory Card Readers - Micro Sd Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information