Saturday 30 July 2011

Cable Management - home theater, hdmi


recommend this product and love it! just wish it was white and not black. the picture was white and the page did not say it was gonna be black or white but the picture was white so i assumed and it came to my house black. but the plate is behind a tv so no one see it anyhow! Pyle Home PHDM2RJRF1 HDMI/Mono RCA Audio/Coaxial/Dual Ethernet Combo Wall Plate

I saw the previous users review and wanted to say that this product works well for me.



However, I did think there RJ45 keystones were a bit touchy, I removed them and put my own in. Since I primary bought this for the HDMI insert and the ability to reconfigure the other keystones, this was not a big deal.



The HDMI and coax inserts work perfect I am able to get full 1080P using a 3 foot HDMI from my device into the jack, and a 15 ft HDMI cable from the back of the jack to the projector.



Also, I was able to remove the RCA and add another RJ45 with no problem.

I have used two of these plates and have been happy with the products. As another review mentioned the Ethernet jacks are on the cheap side and lack good quality construction. I substituted my own Ethernet jacks and have been happy with the results. I primarily bought this item for the HDMI Coupler with the extension. The coupler works like a charm. When installing the HDMI I would highly recommend that you tape the HDMI cable to the coupler. This will ensure that the cable doesn't disconnect. Overall a good product and I would recommend this product.

While combining these elements in a single plate is a great idea, you have to use the single outlet faceplate that comes with the product.



I have a 5 gang box and wanted to add this insert and use with a standard Decora 5 gang wall plate. The insert is not a standard Decora size. As the ad states, it fits on a standard electrical box, but a standard Decora wall plate will not fit over the insert. If this is the only component you need to add and want to add it separate from other boxes - as a single receptacle, the product works.



The Cat5 and RCA/Coax keystone couplers are standard and interchangeable. I needed 2 Coax keystone couplers so easily removed the RCA jack and added another Coax (purchased separately). This is not the case with the HDMI jack. While HDMI jacks are made in standard keystone couplers - this product is NOT a keystone. It is screwed into the insert itself and is not interchangeable. Because the insert is not the right size for a Decora outlet, I wanted to move the keystones to a standard 6-port Decora plate. I was unable to do this due to the HDMI jack.

I really like that this wall plate has so many interfaces, even though I was only looking for coaxial and Ethernet. It installed easily enough, but I had to re-crimp the ethernet connector 5 or 6 times before I could get successful connections. I recommend borrowing a cable tester when installing...

I'm writing this after having one of the Pyle HDMI mounts break and I was searching for a replacement. The HDMI is screwed to the plate with small screws that go into small plastic bosses. Any torque on the connector while bedding the plate (which doesn't fit Decora faceplates as previously noted) can break the HDMI mount. What I suggest is getting an HDMI keystone that pops into Leviton AV plates. If you can get cables with a right angle connector to hook up to the back, do so as it will lessen the strain on the keystone. Better yet, tape the cable, an elbow connector and the HDMI keystone. This is no place to have a less than fully bedded HDMI connector. Also the RJ-45 connectors are crap. They are a mass insulation displacement design which are impossible to trouble shoot as you have to take it apart to see the wires. Punching down individual wires is a pain but easy to fix.



FREE MONEY MAKING IDEA: make an HDMI keystone that has an integral elbow (a flexible elbow even better) pointing up with a pliable shroud around the inside connector to help keep the cable connector bedded. Make sure and have it extend rearward a bit before making the bend so it won't foul connections mounted above.

I bought this to install in my new basement. My projector was not producing any picture and even if it did it was grainy. After eliminating several other things I finally figured out that the HDMI connector in this wall mount was the culprit. Now I am ordering a new wall adapter to replace the HDMI adapter. A waste of time and money. - Wall Plate - Home Theater - Hdmi - Connectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information