Sunday 31 July 2011

Ipod Car Mount - dash mount, car mount


I was looking for a mount for my iPhone to keep it from sliding off the area where my cup holders are (and often it would slide between my seat and center console...a complete hassle to retrieve it!). I saw a few basic mounts, but was intrigued when I saw this Kensington version that increases the sound.



I have to say...it actually does work. The sound is noticeably louder when in the mount. I'm not sure how people will use this, but I've sometimes used it to listen to music or even take phone calls...both of these when I'm parked and waiting for my kids to finish practice. The sound isn't quite enough when I'm driving on the freeway, but in low-noise environments it works great.



The only con on this item is that the arm length is about 10-12", and my windshield is too far for that. But the vent mount option works great for my situation.



Highly recommended. Kensington K39255US SoundWave Sound-Amplifying Car Mount--Compatible with iPhone 4 (Black)

I've used it for a few months now. The suction mount is very strong. The arm is long enough that you can twist and bend it to fit your needs. I feel the arm clips don't really grab on to my iPhone but I'm satisfied it won't slip out. The big thing is the sound amplification which is why I bought it. Honestly I don't notice a huge difference whether I'm listening to Pandora or turn-by-turn directions.



UPDATE 6/6/2011: This doe NOT work for the iPhone 4. The sound on the iPhone 4 comes out of the bottom right speaker. The mount only takes sound coming out of the bottom left speaker. Other versions of the iPhone will work for the sound amplification.

I spent a lot of time reviewing a dock for my new iPhone for use in the car. After a few hours, I went with this one. When I received it and "installed" it in the car, I was impressed at first... I was able to flex the neck in a good position... and everything seemed really easy on it. But then I drove. There was way too much vibration and movement going on for me.... and even worse, the suction didn't stay. Luckily, Amazon has an awesome return policy. Now I just purchased a different brand so we'll see if it's any better.

I only used the vent mount so I can't speak to the quality of the windshield mount although it seems very sturdy.



I love the vent mount because it works so well. It's sturdy and fits well, even in my 2006 Civic which has very angled vents. The mount can swivel 90ยบ left or right so I can use my iPhone in portrait or landscape mode easily. I also like that the mount allows cases to be used with it. It basically clamps down on the phone so you can have your iPhone in any case.



The bad thing about this mount is that it doesn't really amplify the sound of the speaker UNLESS you have a no case, or a case that doesn't break the seal between the speaker port and the speaker hole on the mount. You have to have your iPhone pressed down on the speaker hole, which is made of hard rubber, in order to get a good seal for the sound to be properly amplified. I have a feeling a lot of the negative reviews stem from the fact that users did not have this seal. When I ran my iPhone naked, the amplification was great. When I had my case on, it sounded a little louder than normal but it wasn't very effective.



Overall, buy this mount because you want a good, solid way to mount your iphone in your car. Don't buy it because you expect a monumental jump in loudness from your speaker phone. It's just a megaphone for your iPhone 4. - Iphone 4 - Car Mount - Dash Mount - Ipod Car Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information