Wednesday 27 July 2011

Camera Batteries - nikon battery, accessories


Nikon MH-62 Battery Charger for Coolpix P1, P2, S1 & S3 Digital Camera is designed to charge the rechargable Lithium-ion EN-EL8 battery. I doubt many people are still buying or using the P1, P2, S1 and S3 these days. The good news is that this is the same battery used in the newer versions of Nikon's S class cameras, including the Nikon Coolpix S52 and the Nikon Coolpix S52c.



I don't know if any newer P series cameras still use the EN-EL8, as several I have purchased appear to use AA batteries. But the S5x series cameras definitely use this battery and charger, as I have owned several and this is compatible with all of them.



The small indicator light on the charger will blink till it is charged. When the light turns solid, it is important to remove the battery so as to not over-charge it. While this charger appears to not overcharge (I've left it in a little longer by accident) it's impossible to tell and I am incredibly paranoid about burning out those LI-ON batteries.



Charging is quick and generally done within about an hour. I have no complaints with the way it works.



But I do have to deduct at least 1 star for the price, which seems slightly high for what it is.



There are other chargers made by 3rd parties, but I stick with Nikon branded ones to protect my investment and preserve the life of my batteries.



While all Nikon cameras that use rechargeable batteries generally come with chargers, having an extra is a must for travel or convenience. Definitely grab one if you have an S5x series camera or another one that uses the rechargable lithium-ion EN-EL8 battery.



Enjoy! Nikon MH-62 Battery Charger for Coolpix P1, P2, S1 & S3 Digital Camera

Good product - however - for long term storage the battery should be DISCHARGED ! I would hope the unit would AUTOMATICALLY take care of that necessity, charging the battery when one wanted to use it, perhaps overnight the night before intended use.

I only bought this charger because thinking my camera broke I threw the other one away. My camera started working again so I bought this charger. It works but the adapter that plugs into the wall does not fir into the base correctly but it gets the job done so I will be keeping it.

This is a great charger, I love it for my camera. I had to buy a new one because I accidentally let sunblock corrode the one that came in the box. This is exactly the same. It is worth it getting it. - Battery - Accessories - Nikon Battery - Battery Chargers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information