Friday 29 July 2011

Dual Alarm Clock - atomic, alarm clock


I had to laugh at some of the remarks by others. It has a warranty so use it! I've had mine for 2 years and works perfect everyday. Plug it in and stand back it does the rest. If I recall you do have to set your time zone. There is the dual alarm feature and the radio to setup to your liking but the very best thing is the "projection time" for me (my wife likes it too). I have never needed an alarm - I just wake up when I should and it so nice to be able to just look up and see the time on the ceiling. The alarm does work because my wife uses it. The large RED time on the face is easily seen in the daytime or night. I came online to order 3 more for each offspring. For the sound experts out there, the radio works but is in no way a Bose unit. It does the job intended (for me) perfectly. I mean really, what do you want for around $25.00? We have had the power go out a half a dozen times and it is right back to the correct time when power is restored. The really cool thing is that should you need to move or unplug the clock it does all the resetting for you. A very satisfied customer. :-) Emerson CKS3528 SmartSet Dual Alarm Clock Radio with Jumbo 1.3-Inch LED Display and Time Projector (Silver)

I was looking for an inexpensive clock with big numbers and easy setup time. This clock exceeded my expectations. All I had to do was plug it in and it automatically set the time and date in less than 5 seconds! I couldn't ask for an easier setup process.



The projected time cannot be seen very well during the day but what can you expect. I would take a lot of power to project the time bright enough during the day ... on the other hand it works great at night.



I don't use the radio much so I don't have much to say about the radio.



Lastly and most importantly ... cannot be the price for what I got!

I loved this clock for about the first three months that I had it, then the auto set feature broke, or something with the power supply broke, or something with the receiver broke . . . well, something broke. It now auto sets itself to 12 am on Tues, Jan 1, 2007 every morning at 8 am - it's currently October 2009. Nothing was changed or moved, it just stopped working. It was too cheap to justify paying shipping to have it repaired, so I've decided to trash it and buy a new alarm clock. That said, I loved the features and everything worked wonderfully . . . for about 3 months.

I love this clock!! I live in an area where we loose our power often. The clock resets itself to the correct time without worry. The projection is not too bright (I'm a light sleeper and even the dimmest light bothers me). I love having 2 alarms on it which can be set for Monday - Friday, Saturday and Sunday, or both. I can't say anything negitive about this clock. It works great for us.

I fisrt came across this clock at my friends house. Due to the fact that I seem to be waking up at all times at night,twisting and turning to see what time it is. Now with this I look up on the ceiling and there the time. I don't even have to get off my pillow. With the three differant color display available, (RED GREEN BLUE) it also makes a great nightlight. After I bought this alarm. I saw it in a store for around eighty dollars, so it was even a better deal now. The internet is good.

This alarm clock is by far the best alarm clock I've ever purchased. The jumbo LED display is easily seen from anywhere in the room. It has a projection feature that allows me to see the time without rolling over, and can be any of 3 colors. The lighting isn't so bright it keeps me awake. The dual alarm is great for mine and my husband's different work schedules. It is super easy to push the snooze button without worrying about turning the alarm off accidently. And it's easy to turn the alarm off once I decide to finally get up. It allows us to set the alarm for work Monday-Friday and not worry about setting it again, as it won't go off over the weekend. (You can choose everyday, weekdays only, or weekends only for the alarm.) The snooze goes off every 9 minutes until you turn the alarm off. It has a radio and buzzer alarm. But the best thing to me is that it is so easy to set, you can set it in the dark. My last alarm clock was so complicated I had to get out the instructions every time I needed to reset the time. After searching the internet for hours looking for a new alarm clock that would meet all my needs, with trepidation, I decided to get a talking clock that was going to cost me a little less that $100. I went to Target and found the Emerson SmartSet 3528 on clearance instead and bought it. Needless to say, it is one of the best purchases I've ever made. I've had this clock for several months and have no complaints. It is wonderful!! I highly recommend it!

I first got this clock almost a year ago, not quite. When I first got it, it was great..especially the projection feature. It's really convenient to just look up and see the time. The automatic programming for the time/date/etc is really nice as well.The review would be all positive up until about two to three weeks ago, the numbers on the projector weren't all showing up. The first two were, but the last one was missing. I noticed it was primarily on the '1's and '0's..then the numbers were all messed up about a week later. For instance '2:98 pm'??? At this point the display on the front was still fine. Eventually, the projection of the time just would go out altogether...and come back(still with the time messed up). It also looked like the numbers were fading out. Then in the past few days, the display on the front of the clock is going out randomly, but would reset. Today, it went out the entire day and came back a bit ago. I don't know about anyone else, but if you have to be somewhere and it goes out so the alarm isn't able to go off...it is not worth the bother. Just to hope yours doesn't give out like others. I would say don't waste your money and buy something that you will get 5-10 years out of. Not less than 1.

"Amazing at first...let down in the end." - Projection Clock - Dual Alarm Clock - Alarm Clock - Atomic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information