Thursday 28 July 2011

Portable Headphones - earphones, koss


I am a computer teacher and may of the applications that we use in my classroom involve audio. After the first few weeks of school, I decided that 38 computers all making noise was simply not working for me or for my students. I knew that headphones were the answer. I pay for these items out of my own pocket and needed something inexpensive, but reliable. These headphones fit the bill. It is much quieter in my classroom now, and the students can actually hear their own computer, not all 38 of them! Koss Featherweight UR5 Stereo Headphones with Foam Ear Cushions

Your basic inexpensive headphones. Four foot cord is too short- presumably targeted for portable music players, but bad for connecting to a desktop computer or anything else that is more than a few feet away. Sound is good, but bass response is rather weak.

On my pair, one of the drivers has an annoying metallic rattle at certain frequencies, nearly constant at higher volumes. I paid something like $7 for these, so it's not even worth the hassle of setting up a return.

I chose these because I like the style- I don't like ear buds or behind-the-head headphones, and I needed something for casual use. I also have a set of Koss PortaPro headphones (~$40) which are excellent. In retrospect, I would recommend spending the extra cash for a set of PortaPros (not the SportaPro), or the Sennheiser P-100.

These are very good headphones. I like these ones instead of those that go behead your head. The sound comes out really nice and there are very affordable. They were like 6 bucks at walmart. If you want to replace some headphones, get these.

Good inexpensive headphones. Keep these on hand for times where additional headsets are needed or for replacements for existing running headsets. They have a pretty good life expectancy and have lasted through daily runs for months and months in all types of weather.

I bought these in a store for $4.50 because I wanted headphones NOW and these were the cheapest. A nice plus was that the max volume I could get was definitely louder than I'd ever want. The quality is perfectly fine as well. I found the lifetime warranty humorous. Ignoring the odd, clause that sharing your headphone voids the warranty, there is a $6 fee in order to make use of the warranty. I'd definitely recommend these headphones if you want really cheap headphones.

These are a good deal in that the cost is less than four dollars presently from Amazon and come with an extra set of foam ear cushions - a really good deal! Odd things though about these are that 1) the fit is tight and exerts noticeable pressure on ears - great for winter when you really want that ear muff function, but a bit too tight otherwise, (might be good for children), and 2) in my set for my ears the sound seems somewhat muffled and bass oriented compared with other sets I've used. Update: the cost in July 2008 is now more than nine dollars but I want to report that these have held up well, am still on the first of the two sets of foam ear cushions and the connector plug, often a weak point in headsets, has proven strong. The clamping effect I noticed at first has lessened and the headset is not too tight after wearing them nearly every day for four months. Really a tough headset.

They are good for the price. They have a very good sound quality, or at least better than the ones that came with my Sony Walkman DEJ001. The only problem I had is when I connected them to my older Philips player, it had a low volume output. And then again, even on the Sony player, I had to have the volume at 7, and it only goes to 9. If you have a high output player or a computer, these will be great, but if your using them for a low output or old device, these probably won't cut the cheese.

I bought these because I just could not stand the headphones that came with my CD player (SL-SV570). They were extremly uncomfortable. So, I went ahead and bought them. I pluged in the headphone, and I couldn't hear anything. The volume was around the 10-15 area, and the player only goes to 25. I could hear music on 20, but it was still too quiet. I put it on the highest volume, 25, and automatically I heard distortation. I was very unhappy with these headphones. They are just so quiet. Just save yourself the money and don't buy these headphones.

I saw these and ordered to use with a portable DVD player I use in marketing a product I sell. They are light weight and comfortable and are far superior to the internal speakers on the unit. Now my clients can watch and listen to the DVD while in a crowded coffe shop or other venue and not disturb anyone around them by turning the volume up in order to hear.

Great for the price.

I think the biggest selling point for this product is the comfort it offers to consumers. The headphones weigh no more than a standard women's headband. The speaker foam material does not feel scratchy. The speakers themselves sit comfortably on top of the ear rather than in or around it.



The sound is focused into the ear canal rather than dispersed randomly into the environment, increasing the quality of the sound you hear and decreasing the amount of sound those around you hear. It also seems to cancel out white noise and soft static, further increasing the quality of sound experiences.



The speaker foam is sturdy and secured to the speaker it surrounds. Having been used constantly and dropped and packed in luggage lots of times, the speakers continue to perform excellently and the plastic bits are still mostly intact. The headband can adjust to fit most head size, but the morbidly obese with large heads should probably look for headphone bands made of sturdier material.



I think these headphones are one of best thing on the market today for those people who have no interest in keeping up with the Joneses. Although the price for this level of quality can't be beat, watch out for the high shipping costs they slap on the price if you are purchasing a pair online. City pedestrians and city inhabitants that use bikes or subways to get town around might want to purchase this product at an electronics store near them. - Best Value - Portable Headphones - Koss - Earphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • earphones
  • ,
  • koss
  • ,
  • best value
  • ,
  • portable headphones