Wednesday 27 July 2011

Ashtanga Yoga - yoga accessories, yoga mats


I've been washing my mat in the tub with Dr.Bronner's peppermint soap and a scrubbie, and hanging over a rack dryer till dry. Still smelly... and how could that possibly be true! My next step was to chuck it in the washer. Then I was reading about mat wash products and I thought it sounded a big waste of money. But I had to do something to un-funkify the thing.



I have an Aurorae rosin bag so I thought I'd give their mat wash a try before I resorted to the washer. I had to spray my mat twice and scrub it down with a cloth. That cloth was really brown from all the grime I rubbed out, probably all that rosin I use. Ewww.



My mat is now soft and clean and smells wonderful. I thought it might be sticky or greasy after the wash but it's not. Now I don't have to risk sticking the mat in the washing machine. I said this in a review of their rosin, I trust the products this company makes. And when my mat goes, I will be getting one of theirs to replace it. Aurorae Organic Yoga Mat Wash-Cleans, Restores, Refreshes and Disinfects your Yoga Mat, Biodegradable. USDA approved, Made in USA.

This Aurorae mat spray is awesome! It smells great, and cleans my mat easily and thoroughly. I spray down my mat after class. It disinfects all those sweat stains, and refreshes the material beautifully. The spray fits conveniently into the Aurorae demin mat bag. I highly recommend this product!

This stuff smells nice and does an efficient job of cleaning the mat. Besides that I like supporting small business, especially in this economy. The owner of Aurorae works hard to provide nice products and helpful yogic information. Frankly, he taught me more about taking care of my yoga mat than any of my yoga instructors ever did. So I continue to buy from him rather than corporate giants. I would suggest this as a stocking stuffer for any yogis you know, even the beginners can use it. Even better value is the package that includes a towel and yoga rosin. The best part, if you give it was a gift you don't have to worry about the size!

I have received most items from this company as I totally trust them and their quality. This product just adds to their reputation. Easy to use, leaves a wonderful clean natural smell and all Natural. Use after using and let dry completely before using mat.

I have been using this mat cleaner for a few months now and it not only does a very good job cleaning and restoring the mat but it smells wonderful. I have used a few other mat cleaners and none have smelled as good or have done the job that this cleaner does. Aurorae makes great products and I highly recommend their spray and mats!

As I was lying face down on my yoga mat I thought 'I should clean this', so I bought some Aurorae cleaner rather than risk putting the mat in my washing machine at home (apparently its fine to do this, but to be honest, I'd rather buy a new mat that take the chance of causing damage to the machine). This cleaner does the job nicely. A quick spray and a wipe with a towel after ever class keeps my mat smelling fresh and clean. It also prevents/eliminates buildup of oil from my skin which lessens the grip by the mat.



The cleaner comes in a fairly small bottle, so its easy to carry to class. It doesn't take much of the solution to clean the mat, so even though its a small bottle its pretty good value. - Yoga Accessories - Ashtanga Yoga - Yoga Mats - Aurorae'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information