Friday 29 July 2011

Memory Card Holder - strap, memory card holder


This camera strap has a major design problem: there's no security lock for the side release buckles. The side release buckles are designed to allow quick interchangeability with other camera using the same strap. However, the two buckles are too easily releasable and there's no security lock to keep the strap and the camera from seperation. I have used the strap for a week, and one of the buckle got released by itself twice. I had only one camera. Luckily, I didn't drop my camera but I would never use this strap again. Lowepro Transporter Camera Strap

While I am a big fan of LowePro quality, I was rather disappointed when I learned that the "quick release" clasps give way with the smallest amount of pressure. The strap is great but I currently have yarn connecting the two pieces of the quick release buckle so that it doesn't accidentally open and drop thousands of dollars worth of equipment. A different quick release (maybe like Kata's bullclip style) would be much more secure for regular use and still just as interchangeable. I don't recommend purchasing this product unless you have a plan for working around the quick release buckle.

I'm a pro photographer, and the stock pro strap that came with my camera slips off my shoulder so easily, not to mention it's not comfortable at all. This one really holds to my shoulder really well, even with slippery nylon shirts and such. I love Lowepro because they give us pros what we ask for, and this strap is no exception. The nylon clips are great for times when I don't want the strap on or getting into better shooting angles. Memory card storage case on the strap holds 2 cards.

This is a really good strap (though not as good as the Op/Tech Pro Camera Strap 3/8" - Black imho). The big complaint with the LowePro is that the buckles are a bit... touchy. I've used this strap for a few years and haven't dropped a camera yet. However, after reading all the comments I did have to admit that it doesn't take much pressure to unlink the strap.



Presented with this problem I found a solution, using 3" strips of double-sided velcro. They fit exactly through slots on either side of each buckle and provide an extra level of security. If you don't happen to have velcro strips lying around these (Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties, 0.5 Inches x 8 Inches Long, Black, 100 Ties per Pack (91140)) work perfectly. You cut off what you need from the first two and have 98 left over. (Trust me, you *will* find uses for them.)



The result is a light and comfortable strap that is much more secure than when you started and still allows the camera to be detached easily when needed.



BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews take the place of first-hand experiences that are lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've gotten from other reviewers and continue to return the favor as best as I can. If you thought this review was helpful please let me know by clicking on "Yes" button where it asks. If there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it.

This is a nice comfortable strap and not too bulky. Easily fits in my bag. The memory card wallet is nice, but I don't use it. It can be removed easily. It is well constructed and all the stitching is sturdy.



My only complaint is the strap is too long, and can't be shortened very much because of the position of the shoulder pad. The sliding buckle that shortens the strap does not fit under the pad so you can only adjust about 3-4" shorter. I like to change the length depending on use, but can't with this one. It's a minor annoyance but not enough for me to want to change straps.

I rate all the other Lowepro products that I own - 3 belt pouch/shoulder bags and a belt strap pouch and a photo back pack - 5 stars. So, this strap is a design disappointment. Lengthwise it's fine. I'm 5'7" and like my camera just above the belt line. Design weaknesses are that the buckle locks on the straps attached to the camera don't allow for attaching one buckle to the other when the shoulder strap is removed; handy for extra security in hand-carrying the camera. Also, the shoulder pad is stiff and has little give, making it uncomfortable. And, the release buckles release too easily. The plastic seems flimsy and the notches less secure than on other straps that I have with similar features. Finally, the "non-slip" silicon on the pad slips easily on my travel shirts. While the strap may be better than those that came with my Nikon cameras, I will not trust their safety to this strap and will stick with OP/TECH USA straps that have served well with my film SLR and DSLR cameras. They have the security, comfort, and flexibility that the Lowepro Transporter strap lacks.

The reason I bought this strap is because of the quick release snaps that lets you take most of the strap off the camera. When you remove the strap, what remains is 2 or 3 inches of strap along with the snap/buckle on each side of the camera.



I give this product 5 stars because overall it does a good job. My only nit is that when I use my camera on a tripod with the strap "clicked off", the remaining several inches do get in the way of making camera settings,etc. So now I leave the strap connected even when the camera is on the tripod. This keeps the short ends of the strap out of the way.



I've had no problem or concern about the buckles coming loose at the wrong time. So far....it has worked fine.

I purchased this to replace the standard Nikon strap that came with my D80. The original Nikon strap hurt my neck after any extended use. The Lowpro strap is very comfortable and the length is more than enough and can easily be adjusted.

I got this camera strap with my brand new DSLR. After just an afternoon of shooting with it, the paint on my strap attachment points has been almost completely chipped away by the metal fasteners at the end of this strap! I couldn't believe that Lowepro would make such a nice comfortable strap then put two metal rings with sharp edges as the fasteners. Then I realized that you're supposed to take them off before you put them on the camera, although you wouldn't guess that from the product picture. After I took the rings off and mounted the nylon loops as I think was intended, the strap doesn't jingle and rattle around and doesn't tear the paint off my camera. The strap is a little longer than the stock strap, which makes the camera sit right over my bellybutton (I'm 5'8") if it's hanging straight off my neck. When worn like a bandolier, it's the perfect length, can't get stolen as easily, and you can tuck the camera away when you don't want a camera bouncing off your chest and stomach as you walk around. - Strap - Lowepro - Digital Slr - Memory Card Holder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information