Sunday 31 July 2011

Telscoping Fishing Rod - eagle, compact


Purchased this for my husband & he loves it. It's a well constructed pole, smooth casting, ideal travel size, he caught 3 small snapper the 1st time using it & no problems getting them in. I'm now not aloud to touch his new pole, it's fits in our Harley saddle bag easily. I highly recommend this travel pole for the price. Eagle Claw Pack-It Spin Combo Telescopic Rod (1 Piece)

I bought this for my fiance and he only used it 4 times before it snapped in half. It snapped in half catching a blue gill. So its not like he was catching the greatest catch of the day. I do think that it is a junk pole.

Bought 3 of these for my young children because they are advertised as 4'6" long. When arrived are actually 5'6" long which is hard for a 6 year old to use and learn to cast along a stream with brush and trees. Feel like poles made out of cardboard tubes but for the price I should have known...

I ordered two of these for a fishing trip last fall. We wanted something convient to pack around. The reels on these poles are not the best. I think for the price they should be better. We actually ended up replacing the reels on both rods during our trip. If you are used to fishing with any kind of quality, I would not buy these. I gave it three stars because it is a good portable unit.

I almost bought the other one listed with no reel for $3 less because I dont like cork on a fishing pole. It makes a mess as it crumbles and it smells like fish or bait.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was advertised wrong so for $3 extra I got a spare reel.

The reel is not great. I would use it if I had too but I will probably just keep it as an extra or give away. The bail seems a little tough to close and the drag has seems to have a narrow range - a quarter turn takes it from tight to too loose. It will hold 200 feet of 2 pound line so it could hold a decent amount of weave/spider wire..

The rod has nice ceramic eyes and will travel easily.

As far as the reel being easy for travel. It is the same as any other where you loosen the handle and fold it down. Nothing out of the ordinary there..

I have not used this yet but some of the telescoping poles I have bought at flea markets break easily even just casting and the eyes are not glued to the pole well.

I pulled on all these and they seem strong enough. - Backpacking - Eagle - Fish - Compact'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information