Friday 29 July 2011

Low-maintenance Respirator - facepiece, half-mask organic vapors


The Good- It is easier to get on and off than others I have used because the bottom strap fastens in the back instead of being pulled over your head. I like the fact that you can put different kinds of filters on it. I purchased some of the pink dust filters at the same time, and these can be used in place of the organic filters when I only need dust protection. It makes the mask a little lighter that way. Also, the white dust filters that come with the organic cartridges can easily be replaced when they become too dirty.



The Bad - It makes an annoying clicking or popping type noise sometimes. It comes from the valve that opens when you to exhale but closes when you inhale. It doesn't do it all the time, but it is very annoying when it does. I don't know if this is just a defective one or is a common problem. I suppose I should return it and see if the problem was just this one unit, but I don't use it that often and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it. It wasn't as comfortable to wear as others I have used. 3M R6311 Low-Maintenance Half-Mask Organic Vapor P95 Respirator Assembly, Large

I purchased this to paint my car. It did an excellent job at keeping all the sanding debris out of my lungs. When I went to paint you could even smell the paint fumes. Excellent mask. Buy some extra pads for all those dust debris.

This is a comfortable respirator to wear. It comes with two pair of dust filters, as well as the pair of organic vapor filters. I have mainly used it as a dust filter for both plaster dust, and old insulation. It does a great job on the fine dust, and I do not have the problem of my glasses fogging up like I do with disposable dust masks. (I would not want to use them for this application anyway...)



If the medium sized respirators do not seal well for you, and you have a wide face like mine, give it a try. I think you will like it. - Half-mask Organic Vapors - Facepiece - Half-mask - Low-maintenance Respirator'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information