Wednesday 27 July 2011

Monitor Accessories - kensington, monitor stand


The photo is decrptive. The photo makes it look wider than it is. As no dimensions are listed, I was fooled by the photo. It's only about 11" wide. The screws putting it together are difficult to screw in straight, due to poorly constructed parts. You'd do as well putting an old book, or two, under your monitor; which is what I do with worthless old computer books, like books on Windows 98. Kensington Monitor Stand Small with SmartFit System (K60087)

It looks slick and takes up minimal space on your desk. Comes with eight stackable risers. You put two at each corner it jacks up your monitor for 4.7". Removing 1 set of risers reduces its height by 1.5".



My only complain is that it really requires some strengh and sweat to drive in the 4 huge screws. But then again I'm not a big/strong person.



If you don't have much room on your desk and you need to jack up your LCD monitor, get this. However this is absolutely not for CRT ones.

This monitor stand is the perfect size for my 15" flat monitor. There is not enough room to put the speakers on the stand also, but I like the sleek look. It doesn't take up much room on my desk, and it puts the monitor at the perfect height.

I was looking for something to put my keyboard on when not in use to make better use of the desk surface. This is great. I only wish it were a little wider between the legs to place papers without curling the edges. It works great, just not perfect. My fault, not the stand.

No problems putting it together. Really, there is no way to break it unless you're careless while putting the 4 screws into the base.



It's great at what it does (holding a 26" monitor - I uploaded a picture), and decently priced at $16 for a lightning deal. I would recommend it.

Awesome product. First I tried one of those metal mesh stands. it wasn't even level. The metal had a curve to it!



I figured I would try this product out. The base is made of some type of wood not sure if it is solid or pressed, but it is a smooth even surface just what I needed.



I loved the optional legs to increase the high in small increments not 1" increments or more like similar products. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to raise up their LCD monitor but don't want to shell out the big bucks for a new base/stand for their monitor!

I found this monitor stand to be a huge help. I have it paired with a Samsung 2253bw and it holds the base of monitor perfectly; half an inch of leftover space on either side. I'm thankful that the stand does not take up a lot of desk real estate (about 9 inches deep and 11 inches wide). The ability to tweak the stand's height and its small footprint convinced me to give it a try. Those seem to be hard-to-find qualities when you look for a monitor stand. Most of the ones I found were huge and just plain eyesores. This stand is simple to put together, sturdy and completely subtle. If function is what you're after and you have limited desk space, you could do alot worse than this monitor stand. - Lcd - Monitor Accessories - Kensington - Monitor Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information