Saturday 30 July 2011

M-edge Latitude - m-edge, kindle 3 covers


Amazon seems to take forever to ship this case compared to other cases.



This case is sturdy, it's made of some type of canvas material and has enough padding to protect the kindle. The inside is lined with some type of microfleece material so your screen wouldn't get scratched.



After having the kindle without a jacket, I've realized that i like reading it naked but after holding it up in this case, i could go either way. it's lightweight although you'll still notice a slight difference in weight when reading in this compared to holding the kindle by itself.



I like that it zips around to give complete protection from dust and other particulates that could slip in.



I folded the cover round the back easily and was able to zip it. however, you have to keep adjusting the zipper once you convert it back to the normal way. I still like that you can fold around and zip it because it allows me to hold the kindle with one hand and read.



The power cord and AC adaptor fit into the pouch in front without any issues and i was able to zip it without any problems. it does bulge but it bulges a little outward and none towards the inside where the kindle is at. I didn't like reading with the cord and AC adaptor in because i feel it adds a little amount of weight (it might not be noticeable to you). I think it's definately good for transporting those cords.



There's some type of pocket at the back where the m-edge illuminator light can fit. it has another slot underneath that. maybe you can slip a business card or a note card there or perhaps a car key.



Zipping is a tad tight around the corners but it's not a pain.



The only thing i have some issues with is that the fastener at the top left corner feels loose but then i've given my kindle the shaking test where i held it over my bed and shook it up and down once and it slid out of the top left corner. That fastener right there feels loose so i think i'll have to exchange it.



I got this because while i love to read my kindle naked, but there are times and places where i want to read it in a case and i don't want a cover that permanently attaches to the kindle. I wanted something versatile so i could go back and forth as i please. This case seems to fit the bill. If you need a strong and sturdy case for transporting your kindle, this is it. if you get one where you don't have a defective fastener at the top left corner, then you're in good shape. I believe one of the previous two reviewers had the same issue with his case. It may be a manufacturing defect, i don't know. Don't let that deter you from buying this. I'll update when amazon sends the replacement. Hopefully,the left corner for that one fits well.



Did i say the navy is a lovely blue color?!

Peace. M-Edge Latitude Kindle Jacket, Teal (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation)

After not being able to get this product shipped to Aussie with Amazon , I purchased this jacket from the people at M-Edge where service was brilliant.



The cover feels so nice, not bulky at all.

I love the idea of being able to zip it up and put it in my handbag without getting it scratched.

The zips are excellent quality and move very freely.



It holds my K3 very securely, is made of excellent quality materials and is an overall superb product.

I have given it 5 stars as i just cannot find a negative about it.

I had this for my Nook and now I have it for my 2 Kindle's (3rd generation). The first one i got was perfect. The 2nd one (for my 2nd Kindle) had a problem securing the Kindle in the top left corner. M-Edge's brilliant customer service replaced it immediately and the new one is great. I think they should use the same fasteners at the top as they use on the bottom, not sure why they don't as they feel more secure, but it's still the best Kindle case out there. I love it and would 100% recommend it.

As soon as I found this cover available for preorder on amazon, I ordered it. It arrived yesterday and I'm delighted with it. I have the M-Edge Latitude cover for my Kindle 2, and was disappointed not to find it available when I ordered my Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation.



I bought a nice plum colored carrying case instead, and didn't regret it. That case protected my Kindle from being dirtied (or worse) by spilled food at a cookout. But that kind of case has a serious drawback for me. Because I have to remove the Kindle from it in order to read, I have two things to keep track of: the Kindle and the case.



Part of the genius of this M-Edge Latitude Kindle jacket, is that it stays attached to the Kindle at all times. I just flip it open to use the Kindle, then flip the front cover back into place and zip it closed when I'm done. There's nothing separate to slide off my lap while I'm reading, or to be placed somewhere else while the Kindle's in use. And then located again when I'm done. (If I'm reading at home, chances are I'll finish a Kindle session in a different room from where I started it, meaning I have to go fetch the case from wherever I was when I took the Kindle out of it.)



The newest generation Kindle is the first one (I've also owned the K1 and the K2) that I don't mind reading when it's not fastened into a cover. It's small and light enough, and the back is grippable enough, that I don't fear it slipping out of my grasp. After spending a few weeks reading my new Kindle that way, I wasn't sure how I'd like going back to using it in a jacket. But this jacket is lightweight and snug-fitting, and doesn't get in the way. I'm adjusting to it just fine.



The other very important aspect of this Kindle jacket, is the all-around protection it provides when closed. I can slip my Kindle, in this jacket, into a purse or tote bag with no fear that some stray object might slip into the case through an open edge, and damage the Kindle.



The K2 version of the M-Edge Latitude was a perfect solution for carrying and using my Kindle 2. I'm equally pleased with the new M-Edge Latitude for my third-generation Kindle. - Kindle 3 Case - Kindle 3 Covers - M-edge - Kindle Covers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information