Thursday 28 July 2011

Space Saver - space saver, storage


This is the best system for the price! To increase stability to hold the 100 lbs of my 12 ft and 7 ft kayaks--I bought a 12 foot 2X4 and installed it across the top - I made sure to screw this board into all the studs across the wall. This also keeps the kayaks from banging on the wall. Since I have my shorter kayak on top (it made sense to do that since it was lighter and easier to lift) I have void space on either side that i plan to utilize. I might hang my daughters bike by the back wheel--i might hang a shorter step ladder---i have many bulky things to choose from. I hope to get a picture posted somewhere here--it is a green and yellow kayak. Riverside Cartop Carriers Double Kayak Hanger

I was satisfied with the delivery time and the item was pretty much up to my expectations for the price.

The width of the straps were not as wide as I expected for supporting a kayak, normally they are 2 inches whereas these are 1 inch.

The description of the product was "Side release buckles increase ease of loading and unloading", this was also not what I expected.

My experience with webbing straps that have the slide release buckles have a tongue that you depress which allows the webbing to freely slide through the buckle.

These straps had just the usual press in and click to fasten the webbing together and if you wanted to adjust the tension you had to feed more strap through the buckle by changing the angle of the buckle in relation to the strap, not easy to do when you have a kayak hanging there.

In order to cinch up the strap you have to have someone support the weight of the kayak while you pull and feed the strap through the buckle.

Other than that it does the trick , but you get what you pay for so if you are without any help you might want to consider some of the other options on the market that you use to load and unload your kayak your self.

this is a great product for hanging kayaks to a wall or framing. I have two 14'kayaks that I use this for & one of them is a sit on top which is quite heavy. These hangers are made very well & can hold the weight with no problem. - Kayak - Space Saver - Storage - Kayak Racks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information