Tuesday 29 December 2009

Replacement Water Filters - maytag, filters


This filer seems to work fine. I think I noticed the water had a bit of different taste, but it could very well have been my imagination.



This filter is a bit smaller than the original Maytag filter and smaller than the Brita filter I ordered through amazon.com last year. These were both 1 year filters and I am a bit disappointed that this is rater for 6 months.



I paid about $25.00 for the Brita a year ago and now see it is $38.00. Is there a water filter shortage I am not aware of?



Anyway, look at the Brita MYRF-100 Refrigerator Replacement Filter filter for a few dollars more and rated to last a year. Maytag UKF7003 PUR PuriClean Cyst-Reducing Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack

Few days back I ordered this product; and it was delivered in 3-4days. The installation was super easy with the given instructions. Planning to order the same in few months again!!



The only reason I am not giving 5/5 is due to missing instructions for turning off "Change Filter" light; I found these instructions on some blog. For MayTag refrigerator, the light can be turned off by holding "Light"+"Lock" pads on the door until the "Change Filter" light blinks (approx 4-5 seconds).

I was a little hesitant to purchase on-line as I had always got the replacement from the manufacturer. Didn't need to worry. The product was the same as I had always purchased. It was eay to get the old one out and easy to get the new one in.

the product recieved was not a maytag filter but a water sentile brand with a sticker that had a maytag # on the box i installed it and then realized it was a six month filter not a year filter like the maytag unit so now i need a new one in half the time that a original would have worked for this ends up costing twice as much for a unknown quality filter very disapointed with it - Filters - Maytag - Maytag Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information