Sunday 27 December 2009

Paslode Nailer


I have had framing guns from Bostich , Senco and Hitachi. This is my favorite so far. I still Have the Hitachi. Earlier this year I needed an O ring for it . No one locally carried the part ,so I ordered it. In the mean time I had to get another gun. Tools of the trade rated the Paslode #1 in Two different tests. One last year and another one recently. I already buy the nails it uses for my impulse gun . It seemed to be a good choice so I thought I would try it out. I am very well pleased. It is a well made tool. Very solidly built and it performs flawlessly. It has more power than I expected (always a plus). You will appreciate the rubber grip and the adjustable exhaust as much as I do. Add the easy depth of drive adjustment and you have the best nailer on the market. An added bonus is the nails it uses. They are collated with glue and paper. This combo is the best I have seen . Drop them get them wet , whatever it won't matter. They stay intact , unlike the other gun nails that use paper , plastic or wire collation. They are very tough and that is very good for us. If you can use clipped head nails in your area don't waste time on another nailer. Buy a Paslode. Paslode 501000 F-350S PowerMaster Plus Pneumatic Framing Nailer

When I started framing we had an older silver looking Paslode gun that felt like it weighed a ton (chuckle), and a brand new one that felt like you were using a finish nailer (it was light in comparison). Both guns shot nails extremely well. In fact, they were more dependable than the other brands that were available on the jobsite (Hitachi & Senco).Since somebody decided to liberate me from my Porter-Cable FC-350, I decided to go back to my beginnings and purchased this Paslode gun. I do not feel that my choice was flawed at all.You've got to make sure that your pressure and the depth adjustment are in tandem or you will have overdrives or stand-offs. This is the case with any nail gun though.I'd always recommend Paslode guns to anyone who would ask. Besides, I'd rather use paper collated nails too.

I have used and owned all kinds of framing nailers. This one is the berries! Read ToolPig's review. And Hey! Guess what? Paslode makes full-head nails to shoot from this gun. Surprised? I was.You can not beat this gun for performance, price, or utility.Just wish I could get paid for saying this.

I purchased this air nailer several months ago but only in the last 2 weeks have I put it through its paces by building a 30X14 boat shed. I went through several boxes of nails without a jam. The gun is well made and easy to use. Double firing is not problem and in those areas where I had to really reach out I installed the single shot trigger in a few seconds and went about my business. The company sends the single fire trigger free when you return a card included in the box. Reloading is a dream and the nailer fits the hand very well. I have only 2 complaints: One, the gun is louder than I expected it would be and is louder than most other brands I have used. Two, I emailed the factory with a question and apparently they have better things to do than email a customer back because I never heard back from them . . . very poor public relations I think. Overall, a well made air nailer.

I BOUGHT THE PASLODE POWERMASTER PLUS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT IN THE FALL OF 1997 AND HAVEN'T BEEN DISAPPOINTED SINCE. THIS GUN IS VERY VERSATILE AND THE LIGHT WEIGHT MAKES IT A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH. YOU CAN USE IT FOR FRAMING, DECKS, SUBFLOOR AND ROOF SHEETING WITH EASE. IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF A FRAMING GUN THAT IS COMPRESSOR POWERED THIS ONE IS BY FAR YOUR BEST BET, YOU CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE EITHER. GO OUT AND BUILD SOMETHING WITH ONE!!

This was my first framing nailer, and I lucked out with a good one. It can get right between studs on a 16" OC. I have never had a problem with it. The gun is powerful -no problems sinking nails. - Comfortable and well balanced. It is a little loud and has some recoil, although not as much as my full-head nailor. No jams so far. The light weight won't wear you out either. I don't think you can go wrong with this gun.

As the owner of a professional custom wood crating shop, we fire 1000's of nail monthly. This is by far the worst product we have ever used. It came miss firing and not firing from day one. Our supplier thought we were crazy, but upon checking w/ the factory it was discovered to have a Paslode known problem. (The old nieve corporate mentality - getting the customers $$ and worry about it later)It was updated and repaired several times, but continues to not fire and blow air either from the head or trigger (apparently from poor fitting internals). We can not deal with this piece of junk. It's headed to the dump.....

I recently purchased the Framemaster 400 and am very happy with it's performance. Of particular note is the gun's light weight; very strong driving power and, it's versatility. I have used the gun for both internal and external framing, and to fix decking. I recently purchased the Paslode no mar tip which is perfect for those jobs were you don't want to mar the timber - eg decking. I intend to purchase the attachment so that you can hang the gun on rafters and joists. I run a small 10cfm direct drive compressor (it's light and small) which seems to have no trouble keeping up with the gun. The gun also has depth adjustment at the tip - very handy !There is a good range of nails available, both galvanised and bright, at fairly reasonable prices.If I had to find a a fault, it is only that (and this may be unique to Australia) that the gun does not come with a case.

My company builds several houses each year and many decks each spring and summer so I work my framing gun hard. This is the third brand of nailer I have owned and with this one I finally got it right. I almost bought this one last time I purchased a gun and always wished I had. The guys I worked alongside all winter long in extreme conditions had paslodes and they worked in the cold and sand while my dewalt needed new o-rings twice. I have always enjoyed the balance and low recoil of this gun and it toenails better than any other gun. Now that they added the wonderful rafter hook, this gun is priceless, and it is the least expensive on the market. Paslode also makes a roundhead nail for this gun for those of you in areas where code requires that. What a winner. 5 stars for sure.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Paslode Nailer Paslode Nailer Paslode Nailer