Thursday 31 December 2009

Raised Air Bed - inflatable mattress, queen air bed


At first I received one of these, and it was defective out of the box; having been burned by a previous airbed manufacturer, and after the months-long process to get a replacement, I was so weary I just decided to eat the expense and live with its leaking. I left a scathing review.



But that was too hasty. A company representative contacted me, and asked why I hadn't asked for a replacement. I told my story. He was more than obliging, and immediately replaced the unit. I was surprised and refreshed. It's really a very nice bed, and I wish I'd been slower to assume the worst. I'm very happy with the bed, and recommend it for its ease and speed up setup and modest price. And, needless to say, their obliging and friendly staff. I'm thoroughly satisfied. Smart Air Beds Raised Comfort Coil Beam Flocked Top Queen Size Inflatable Mattress (Best) BD-1224

We bought this mattress for family that was coming to visit. The box had two different stickers on the outside instructing us to inflate fully and deflate the mattress at least three times BEFORE using. We did this about 4 or 5 times before trying it out for the first time. Our guest used this mattress for over a week with no need to refill or top off the mattress. I found a few other reviews saying they had to keep adding air, but don't know if they did the initial inflate/deflate step. This mattress inflates in minutes, deflates just as fast, is nice and tall and relatively easy to get off and on. I would highly recommend this mattress for anyone needing a spare mattress, whether for out-of-town guests, a retreat from a snoring spouse or to watch movies in the living room! :) It folds up nice and small with its own bag so it's super easy to store when not in use, too...Great product, great price!

I received this air mattress less than 30 days ago. I bought it to replace a Coleman air mattress that had increased in size until I could hardly open my closet door or even walk into the bedroom. This is by far the most comfortable air mattress I've ever had. The height is exactly as stated and makes the bed very easy to get up from in the morning. Other beds claim a 22" height but actually measure 18" when fully inflated. I use a queen size memory foam topper and it was a perfect fit for the bed. My bedroom is carpeted which really helps prevent damage to the bottom of the bed. I had a Simmons Beautyrest Skyrise Express that lasted over a year! I inflated and deflated this bed three times before use, following the product instructions. The bed still needed to be topped off about every three days. I was hoping this was part of the break-in process. I am on my feet all day long at work and coming home to eventually sleep in this awesome bed was such a blessing. But now, less than a month after receiving the bed I can no longer fool myself into believing that this leaking will stop. I have had to add air twice in the last two hours and it looks like it will be the floor or the couch for me tonight. I did not keep any of the packaging and I don't know if Amazon will replace this or not. If you're lucky enough to get one that doesn't leak, this is a great bed!

Purchased the inflatable bed because an inflatable mattress is difficult to get out of in the morning (I am 67). Bought it so I would have a place to sleep when I visited my son, i.e. didn't want to put him out of his bed. I slept in in for five nights & was very comfortable. Added air each night to ensure no problem in the night. I was still afloat every morning. It was a little warm on my back & I was a little apprenhensive when I rolled over when I slept. But, I never had a problem. Glad I bought it.

I purchased this smart bed after looking at reviews and product information. I sent it to my son's house across country and he received it in good time approximately 3 weeks before I was to visit him. He followed the instructions of inflating it 3 times prior to my arrival.



When I arrived I was pleased to see that it inflates easily and quicker than most air beds. The air curb around the sides was very effective so you don't roll off. The bed was not as bouncy as other beds I have tried which is a good thing. You hardly know you are sleeping on air as there is much support but not stiff. There are 2 chambers for adjustment, the main portion and the upper portion.



Letting the air out is a bit slow and I found it takes 2 people to lay on it to get all the air out while folding up the bed.



I would also recommend purchasing the recommended bedding as it takes oversized fitted sheets which fit perfectly.

We purchased this mattress before a trip so that we would have a place to sleep at a relative's home, and it was worth every penny. The mattress was so comfortable that we thought about using it every day at our home instead of our regular bed. It is nice to be able to get a good night's sleep while away from home. We did not have a queen-sized sheet for it, but used a king size. That worked out fine and the sheet did not slip because of the flocked top. We inflated and deflated 3 times as was suggested before using it and it was fine. It was easy to travel with because of its carrying bag and was not too heavy. Getting it back into its carrying bag was not easy, but possible. It remained inflated for the entire trip, although it probably could use a little air each day to keep it super-firm. It is now being stored in our closet, taking up very little space, until our next trip or for some guests of our own. We are very happy with the purchase which I believe to be a quality item. - Queen Air Bed - Inflatable Mattress - Air Mattress - Air Bed'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information