Wednesday 30 December 2009

Fold And Go Wagon - wagons, folding wagon


I saw this at Costco earlier today, and snagged it for $49.99 as well. Mine also had a VERY strong gas/plastic smell to it. I'd suggest leaving it outside overnight to air out.



I live in a condo complex and have a good bit of distance to travel from my parking space to my door. Not only is bringing in the groceries a multiple trip pain in the rear, but I work from home and regularly have to bring bulky items in and out.



As soon as I got the wagon home, I unboxed it in the parking lot. No assembly required, I took it out of the box, then out of it's cover, expanded it, and loaded it up with a bulky box, my loose Costco purchases, a pile of mail and papers, a big cup of soda, and just rolled it all home in one trip. I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't much noise (everything else I've tried rattled and roared down the sidewalk.) and that it was easy to turn. It did fine on gravel, grass, and sidewalk. After unloading, it collapsed neatly and was easy to stow in the closet. With it's cover on, it's about the shape but twice the size of a messenger bag. (I later chained it to the post outside to air overnight.)



I don't think I'd put a child in it. While it's fairly sturdy, and rated for 100lbs of DISTRIBUTED weight, I think a child wouldn't be very "distributed" and would be pretty wiggly, so, um, NO. :) Good for hauling toys, but not so good as a toy.



I'd also take care not to overload it with groceries. A case or two of beer, maybe a gallon or two of milk, and some other groceries tucked around them should be fine. It's a lot like those portable canvas chairs: used properly it ought to last a long long time. Bounce up and down in it, and it'll eventually rip or snap.



So, beat's the heck out of the "old lady folding grocery cart" for larger amounts of groceries. Does much better than the "collapsible folding truck" on grass, gravel, and the sidewalk for lighter loads (the Rubbermaid truck I have does 600lbs). Seems perfect for hauling gear and refreshments to a soccer game, out to see the fireworks on the 4th, or a BBQ off somewhere fun. And, lastly, stowes neatly in a closet or trunk.



Depending on the intended use, I'd rate it 4 1/2 stars. (The smell knocks off a half a star!) Collapsible Wagon Sports Folding Utility Cart

We were so excited when we found this at Costco for $49. We bought 3 of them. Today, we returned all three. Last weekend we took one to the arboretum and loaded it with about 30 lbs of camera equipment. The wagon developed a mind of its own as to which way to go, it was wobbling all over the place. My husband used it, and first he tried to pull it up the trail, then he ended up pushing it to try to steer it better, but it was fighting him every inch of the way. (The trails were hard pack dirt). The front wheels independently swivel and are not controlled by the pull bar like the radio flyer is. On the radio flyer, both wheels turn the same direction at the same time. These wheels are basically fighting each other. The wagon is a nicely made wagon other than that, it is a bit heavy, and smells because of the rubber wheels so you do have to air it out. Of course I loved the price. But what good is it if you practically have to carry it? I would not recommend this wagon until it is redesigned.

I purchased this at Costco and love the concept - portable, foldable, holds a lot (incl kids), definitely takes on the beach well - but, the steering is all over the place. It's very difficult to control, especially on a slight downhill or handicap ramps. The telescoping handle locks into place, but the "lock" is very weak and the arm slips back down every few minutes. A velcro handle has torn off already and I have to store it outside because it's still off-gassing a very strong odor. Other reviewers have likened it to an oil smell, but I think it smells like campfire ... which is fine with me if it comes from a campfire. I gave it a few weeks and I'm still not used to the wacky steering + collapsing handle and the odor hasn't decreased. I want to love it, but I have to return it.

This wagon works great to lug along chairs, a cooler, blanket, etc. for a picnic - easy to steer, easy to put together, easy to fold up again. It had a bit of a rubbery smell when first opened, but that has pretty much dissapated now. Wish I had bought it at Costco when I first saw it - would have saved about $30 - but am very glad that I got it!

I used this about 5 times to cart groceries from the car up the walkway (three apartments length)to my apartment and the front wheels snapped off. The front wheels were not attached to the handle, so you couldn't steer this at all. It had a mind of it's own. While the concept of it folding up for storage was good, it had many design flaws and cheap construction. Not worth the price at all.

I LOVE my folding wagon. I use it to haul luggage when we are traveling. I use it to haul my photography gear when I am out on a shoot. I use it at the beach - yes it rolls across hard-packed sand. I use it in fields. I use it on sidewalks. It works amazingly well on all terrains!



Whenever I use it, people ALWAYS stop me and ask me where I got it. I can't say enough good things about it! I've had it since April 2010 and it is still going strong.



It isn't designed for children and I wouldn't put children in it. But for coolers, photography gear, groceries, luggage, swimming pool stuff - it can't be beat!!

WOW How did I live without this item for so long??

This wagon carries my two toddlers, my purse my shopping bags, my everything !

I am a mom of 2 boys on the go! This wagon beats all my prior strollers including my double strollers, from Jeep to Bob to Peg Perego Dual Stollers and even my sit & stand. Wish I could have all those thousands of dollars back!



This Wagon swivels with all point turning thick wheels and maneuvers through your most narrow of hallways (or retails stores :) )



It folds up to the size of one of those Football Bleacher Seat Cushions and has a nice handle sack to keep it in. Perfect for airport travel also!!!!



My boys are in and out of the stroller and hate being tied down like a baby but this wagon, they will not GET OUT OF !!! They ask to be in it!!



Even my parents enjoyed having the wagon vs. the bulky stroller. We took this thing ALL over Disney Theme Parks and to the beach and its my new go-to item and takes up a fraction of my trunk space my Sit & Stand or Peg Perego or Bob did. Genius!!!



I fear I need to buy another one in case this one gets STOLEN!!



At the resort we stayed at I had SEVERAL mom's ask me where I got this and I did the full demo for them. I never spend time to review anything and this speaks volumes that I have spent my morning reporting that this item is so super cool that other moms' MUST see it.



Enjoy



Nicole

Orlando, FL

Mother of two boys 4 and 2.5 Years old. - Pull-along Wagons - Wagons - Folding Wagon - Fold And Go Wagon'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • pull-along wagons
  • ,
  • wagons
  • ,
  • fold and go wagon
  • ,
  • folding wagon