Wednesday 30 December 2009

Laptop Power Adapters - ac adapters, hp ac adapter


An item like this either works, or it doesn't, so it's either 5 stars or 1 star. 5 from me because I've had it for a few weeks now and it seems to work just fine. I was concerned when ordering it due to the few bad reviews, but it was so darned cheap I couldn't resist. I went ahead and wrapped electrical tape around the computer plug-in and the first inch of wire to protect it from too much bending and pressure, because that's where my original one failed and I can imagine an inexpensive item like this not tolerating a lot of use/abuse. AC Adapter/Power Supply for HP Pavilion dv1000 dv4000 dv5000 dv6000

The vendor shipped product ontime, but the product is very poorly made. You should find an alternate product. I bought this adapter so I could leave one in the office and one at home and not stress the cables.



This one worked great for one day. There is a bad connection now where the wire attaches to the adapter. This cable is very cheaply made and lacks flexibility. I will work with vendor to get it replaced, but given the workmanship, it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

My HP DV1340US exhibits the "typical" power jack overheating problem. I attempted to replace the power jack unsuccessfully and gave up, deciding to purchase AC adapters whenever necessary. This adapter is about the sixth that I have purchased so far, each one from a different seller.



I have paid as much as $40 for an adapter. What I received from OptimumSolutions for $8.00 (including S&H) is identical in every way to the $40 adapter. By the way, the company selling the $40 adapter presented a picture of an adapter quite different from the typical PPP009L (or PA-1650-02H); the adapter pictured looked like it was better quality. What I received was the same ol' PPP009L! So, I have yet to see a "higher quality" HP AC adapter. All six have been the same components distributed under different part numbers.



Some complain of the adapter becoming excessively hot. Yes, the transformer does become very hot if your laptop has the overheating issue (most do); however, so is your power jack. As far as I know, it is not the adapter's fault. I believe that the laptop draws more current than the small adapter jack can handle. Notice the newer HP laptops--much larger adapter plugs are used now!



Here are ways that I minimize a very real fire hazard. If you run your laptop on battery, shut the laptop down to recharge. Limit the time that the laptop is recharging at the same time it is running. Attached devices such as PCMCIA cards or USB drives, as well as running graphics-intensive or disk-intensive programs, will all cause your jack to heat up; monitor your usage carefully. When overheating occurs, you have no choice but to disconnect the adapter plug, cool it down, then plug it in again. A damp (not wet) paper towel will help cool the plug without shorting anything. Also, avoid using your laptop on your lap (ironic?); use a lap desk or large book under the laptop to insulate the computer from your body heat and to keep the very small vent open. Finally, used compressed air to clean out the vent occassionally; HP added "insult to injury" when they designed a very small air port through tightly spaced cooling fins that easily clog with dust. With a system known to run hot already, the last thing they should have done was add such a small cooling system.

I purchased this product and it arrived in good time and worked for about 4 months. I emailed the vendor 3 times over a 3 week period to find out about any warranty and have heard nothing from them. The wires on the plug which goes into the computer were loose but I don't know whether the power supply is putting out the required voltage or the wires are bad.



Go somewhere else to buy what you need.

I just bought this adapter and within a couple of days the part that inserts into your computer broke off in my computer when moving my laptop. I also contacted the company to exchange it -mostly because I already threw away my receipt & original box- and have not heard a response whatsoever. I am going to probably buy another one from a more reliable vendor. I suggest you do the same.

This is my second replacement adapter on my HP dv6000 laptop. The first one had issues - short cord, 2 pin plug (no earthing pin) and broke within a year. This product surpassed the quality of my first replacement adapter and almost matched the quality of original adapter I received with the laptop.



What else would you want for this price!!! Almost original looking, rugged, long cord, 3 pin plug and does the same job as HPs.



Don't waste time and money on other brands/websites that are selling the same thing for $50+. Simply...go for it!

...

I had a similar experiece to others, the product failed after only 6 months of use. Now I need to buy another one. I will pay more this time and hope that get a quality product. The wiring connection failed as described by others

The quality of this product is horrible. I take care my laptop like a baby, especially the power adapter, having in mind what happend with the original, but even like that, the one I bouth is allready broken. Didn't last six months, Its not worth it. Get a better quality one.

This adaptor overheats and male socket portion got soldered to female socket portion of the laptop.



Also the insulation on the cord got feeled off within few weeks.



Really weird and unsafe product.





Really I dont recommend this product even as a spare one. - Hp Ac Adapter - Ac Power Adapter - Notebook Power Adapters - Ac Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information