Saturday 26 December 2009

Highly Recommended


If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that you have to experience something for yourself in order to form an opionion about it. There were a lot of negative reviews along with some good ones. I ordered the bike and received it very quickly and without any damage or delivery issues. I put it together by myself (I am female) in less than one hour the night I received it. Follow the directions and use common sense ... it's not that difficult. I have been using the bike everyday for 30 to 35 minutes. I'm not a gym rat ... if you are, you should be at the gym. I needed something to get me moving and help me shed a few pounds and after a month of consistent use I see and feel results. Don't be discouraged by the negative reviews ... some people are just never pleased. If you are looking for a good solid excercise bike for a reasonable price, don't wait like I did, buy this one. Marcy Upright Magnetic Cycle

Got this bike from Academy last week (sale for $99.00). Both my husband and I are overweight and this little bike does the trick and is solidly built.



The box it came is was very small and compact and would fit in most any vehicle (big +)

Construction of it was simple with clear instructions. I did it all myself in about a half hour.

Don't forget to tighten all bolts!!

TIP- if planning to use on a carpeted floor you will want to go buy a piece of plywood to put under it for stability. Once you do that it will be AWESOME!

Have ridden it 30 mins a day on level 3 to start. I go 10 miles a pop and get to watch tv because it is WHISPER QUIET.



The seat feels fine to me. I used to be a cyclist before I had my child and gained a bunch of weight. Rode both mountain and road bikes. Seats are all like that at first until your pelvic points get used to it.

Oh and use the foot straps and have them secure on your shoe. This will allow you to pedal correctly. You should be pedaling circles not hammering straight down. So you should get both a push and pull motion on each leg. This will fully work your hamstrings also. Also make sure that your seat height is correct. Most people have their seats too low and develop knee pain. You should have your leg just shy of straight with a slight bend in the knee.



Anyway, great bike for the money IMO. Put together correctly, made stable, and with proper seat height this bike is a great tool.



I will be back on periodically to update the performance of the bike.



***I posted this same review in the other Marcy magnetic bike listed on here. They are exactly the same product but are on here twice for some reason. ****

I got the bike yesterday, set it up in approximately 30 minutes without any help. I got this bike due to a back injury. I'm going to use it for low impact activity. The bike runs nice, no nose at all. I would say that if you want a bike for low impact activity this is perfect. The seat is a little hard, but not uncomfortable. The highest resistance is hard enough that you will make some effort, but not extreme.



Nice bike for the price.

Marcy Upright Magnetic Cycle

This exercise bike is far nicer than I expected for the price. The quality is excellent, and it is truly SILENT! The computer is intuitive, simple to use, and has all the info I need.



It's not terribly hard to put together, but it did take my mechanically accomplished husband about an hour. There are parts of it that take 2 people--one extra to hold parts while wires are connected.



Overall, I'm very glad I chose this exercise bike and would recommend it without reservation.

I LOVE this stationary bike. I hate to exercise and tried alot of different things to try to lose some baby weight (treadmill, pilates, many other dvds). I'm one of those people who gets really bored when working out and the time seems to go by SOOOO slow. I got a regular bike this summer and realized I liked riding a bike and wanted something I could do while the kids were sleeping. This bike is awesome! It's small and light so I can take it from room to room very easily, which makes it so that I can pull it out in front of the tv and work out while watching some of my favorite shows. The time goes by so much faster when I'm able to watch something and I've been working out almost an hour a day. The counter is nice because I like to ride long enough to burn 500 calories and the counter allows me to easily see where I am for distance, time, and calories. I have only been using it for 2 weeks and a couple days and have already lost 10 pounds. YAY!



The bike was super easy to put together and was light enough that I was able to carry it down to my basement without any help from anyone. The bike seems plenty sturdy but I am not a very big person so I can't say alot about that. I did notice that you can't stand up and ride it without it getting wobbly but I don't think any of these kinds of bikes are made to do that. It's super quiet (almost silent) so I am able to ride while my little ones are sleeping without having to worry about waking anyone. I like that it has alot of different resistance settings that are super easy to change. I usually ride right at the middle of the settings because it allows me to ride for longer but still feel the burn the whole time and burn lots of calories.



Once again, I absolutely LOVE this bike and would (and have) reccomend it to anyone wanting to get in some good exercise. I plan on getting alot of use out of this thing!

This bike worked well for the first 6 weeks. Then the belt began slipping to one side, causing a lot of friction and the belt to burn away on one side. My husband and I opened up the bike twice to reposition the belt, but apparently there is a defect in the alignment which causes it to slip back and rub up against a metal bar.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Highly Recommended Highly Recommended Highly Recommended