Tuesday 29 December 2009

Verizon Iphone 4 - defender, iphone 4


I have a Verizon iPhone 4 and ordered this from OtterBox before they were out at other retail stores. Fits great with no wiggle room inside. Great feeling case, doesn't feel like it's a fish and wants to jump right out of your hand. Easy access to all ports. The front pieces that protects the screen DOES NOT hinder any finger gestures what-so-ever. My OtterBox has paid for itself already when I had my hands full as I was getting out of the car and simply I forgot it was in my lap... after the solid hit to the cement and heart started beating again, I brought myself to assess the damage. There was NONE! Still works like a charm like it did right out of the box. No cracked screen/glass. The OtterBox is without a mark as well. OtterBox saved the day. I researched my purchase first and was sold when it protected an iPhone from a 23 store drop into concret. (Search YouTube). It's better t protect your investment now or pay more later if it's damaged. OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & Black Plastic)

I have been searching for the Otterbox Defender specifically for the Verizon iPhone 4 and have yet to find it locally at any retail store. Since it is $50 at Otterbox directly (plus shipping) I waited until Amazon offered the universal design. I was hesitant as another reviewer said it did not fit the Verizon model. I believe that reviewer ordered it before the universal one was offered as this DOES FIT the Verizon iPhone. I tried the AT&T one in Best Buy and you are not able to mute the phone with that model unless you have microscopic fingers. This universal design fits the verizon phone perfectly and I have no trouble at all muting the phone.



I can't attest to it's durability yet as I only got it yesterday but it is a solid case and has screen protection as well.



Hope this helps if you are looking for a case for the Verizon iPhone.

I am ROUGH with phones. This is the best case around for the iPhone 4. I gave it 4 out of 5 only because the 3GS case was a little better. I know they could do better but chose to compromise a few ways to satisfy more buyers. I personally would have liked it to be water proof and have no ned for the silly apple logo to show through. TO me that sort of decor is a waste, but this IS the best iPhone 4 case. It will work with AT&T or Verizon. If it's not the UNIVERSAL model it will NOT work with Verizon.

Picked up this case after hearing nothing but good things about Otterbox, and I can see why people were giving them praise. There aren't any second thoughts about throwing my iPhone in my pocket now that I know that the back and the screen aren't going to get scratched to oblivion, and I'm confident this thing could shield it from a 10ft. drop, easily.



The screen protector on the front is designed in a way that it both doesn't produce air bubbles since it's not adhered to the screen, and doesn't in any way impair access to the touch screen. It's the best of both worlds. Everything besides the left switch (I'll go into that below) is lined up perfectly and everything is accessible (camera, for example, works as if there was no case).



The outer clip-on case even doubles as a stand if you set it to the right angle and completely push in the belt clip to the point where it gets held in place. This case is definitely worth a buy; after a while you forget you're using the iPhone through a case.



A few things to note.



1. The flap/hole for the left switch is a tight fit, but assuming all of these cases are made exactly the same, it won't be an issue to access the switch. There's enough space where the switch isn't touching the case, but there's less than 1mm of space between. This is likely what they mean by "universal".



2. The top hole is for the MICROPHONE, not the earbuds. It lines up perfectly with what it's intended to expose. You have to open the top flap if you want to get to the headphone jack.



3. Just a little annoyance, but I'm not sure if it's me, but the bottom flap seems more difficult to close than it should be. I found it's easier to push the flap towards the front part of the phone, line it up, and push it back into the normal position instead of trying to push it back into its closed position.



4. The top feels a little loose for some reason. I highly doubt it's enough to matter, and I'm not taking off points for it, but it's something to note.

Proximity sensor does not work with White iPhone 4. Every calls goes into either facetime or speakerphone...very annoying, no mentioned on the description that this product is for the black iPhone only.



Update: Had to break proximity sensor protection glass/plastic on case and it is working now. Otherwise 5 stars

First and foremost, you need a hard case for the iPhone because it's made of glass. It's a great phone functionally, but if you drop it, you're done. Many have those slim, trendy skin cases but they will not protect the phone against a drop even if they look cool. Apple and Verizon don't seem to be up front about how delicate the phone is.



I researched cases quite a bit and this one kept coming up. I've had it for a week and it's an awesome case. Stylish, highly protective, and it fits my Verizon phone perfectly. Make sure you get the UNIVERSAL case for Verizon so it fits. The built in screen protector is crystal clear and DOES NOT LEAVE watermarks or streaks like other cases with a built in screen do. It feels like you're touching the phone itself.



Now, a few minor caveats: First, it's a little tricky to put the case on if you attempt it without directions. It's a plastic shell that snaps on and then the hard rubber gets wrapped around it. I strongly suggest you use the web video link that is printed on the inside of the box. Second, the flap on the bottom for the power jack was a little annoying at first. It took me a while to figure out how to seal it correctly. Lastly, some may find it a little bulky but that's a trade off you have to accept with a hard case. However, I can still fit it in my pocket, and it's really not THAT bulky. You'll get used to it. The repair folks are making a killing on cracked iPhones from users with no case or the skin cases. Also, those stick on screen protectors are only for scratches. They won't help against drops. I've had this case a week now and I have no worries when I inevitably drop the phone. Highly recommended. - Case - Iphone 4 - Defender - Otterbox'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • defender
  • ,
  • iphone 4
  • ,
  • case
  • ,
  • otterbox