Wednesday 30 December 2009

Argyle - argyle, case


I've only had this case for a few hours so I can't speak to the durability of the material or the longevity of the fit. What I can share are initial impressions.



1. This case looks great! I really like the way the argyle looks on the back. It is subtle -- not in your face.

2. The case feels like any other rubberized case. Nothing really to note here. (I don't think it feels slippery or anything negative like that)

3. The case fits the phone well. It is a bit of a tight squeeze when putting it on the phone but once it is on, the phone feels securely in the case. Initially, the sides appeared to "puff" out a little -- not exactly sit flush with the phone. But I just had to simply squeeze the sides of the case to fully install it on the phone. Problem solved.

4. Structurally, there are cut outs for everything you'd expect: the headphone jack, usb charging slot, the kickstand, the microphone (bottom of phone) and camera/flash. All buttons are covered by raised rubber and are easily pushed/accessed. Also, this case has not caused any issues inserting a micro usb cable or a headphone jack into their respective slots.



So -- in short: So far so good. I think this case is a keeper for sure!



Side notes in case anyone was wondering:

1. this case does not fit the phone with the 2750 mAh extended battery.

2. I don't have a dock (they're not out yet), so I don't know if this case is compatible with them. Amzer Luxe Argyle High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case for HTC ThunderBolt ADR6400 - Smoke Grey

I wanted the sedio surface hard case, like I had for my Incredible, but it's backordered. I was afraid of leaving it coverless and damaging it, but didn't want to pay a lot since I was planning on spending much more on the seidio case. I thought this would be good to hold me over, but honestly I may just stick with this one now. It's perfect - easy on easy off gel case, doesn't add a lot of bulk, and really does look good. The pattern is subtle. Can't beat it for the price!

Wanted a cheap case for my T-Bolt. This cover goes above and beyond what I was expecting. Very cool design, slender, offers great protection, and has a grippy texture to keep it from sliding around on any surface. Highly recommend!!

I like the case. It's actually somewhat translucent but that works well. I enjoy how the logo shines through.



It fits snugly and doesn't seem to add too much unneeded bulk.



Only real downside is that my microusb doesn't fit as "tight" as I'd like due to the added width and hole cutout shape. I wish it'd fit more cleanly through the hole but this doesn't stop it from charging in any way.



Wasn't many choices when I got my TBOLT but honestly this still is a better case than any I've seen elsewhere so far... including brick and mortar stores like bestbuy.

This is a great thin case, material is shiny but really not slippery. Has a nice soft feel to it. Will protect against scratches but not designed to do much if the phone is dropped. Recommend buying a screen protector as well to keep that from getting scratched.



This case should hold up well until Otterbox releases a case for the Thunderbolt (protects against dropping)

I am pleasantly surprised so far with my smoke grey argyle amzer case. It looks great on the phone, it slips into my leather Verizon pouch (that was made for a droid x), and it is a hard shiny rubber that doesn't pick up lint, however it will not slide on a slick surface. REALLY COOL CASE!!! Much better than silicone cases!!!



Equipment:

HTC Thunderbolt

Generic 3-pack Crystal Clear Screen Protectors

Amzer Luxe Argyle High Gloss TPU Gel Skin Case

Verizon Leather Droid X Pouch/belt clip



***AWESOME COMBINATION***

After trying and returning several cases this is the only keeper. All the others I tried made my phone feel to bulky where as this one creates a snug fit without too much extra. It's easy to take on and off but it doesn't slip off unwanted. It's a soft smooth gel which allows for putting it into my pocket easy. One thing i really love is the minimal raised edge on the front which allows me to lay the phone on it's face with out the screen getting scratched up. The only problem I've had is with a 3rd party charger, the plug casing is a little on the bigger side and the case can sometimes stop the plug from going in all the way, but it works fine with the manufacturer charger. I also don't think this would protect the phone very well if it fell from a high distance, but I've dropped mine a couple times and it's been fine.

Overall, it seems to do it's job decently - I have yet to damage my phone. Unfortunately, there seem to be some flaws that are leading me to think that maybe a different case would be better for me. This one is really easy to put on, since the material is flexible and stretches. Too bad that means it comes off more easily than I would like as well. The material is also kind of a hard rubbery material, so it doesn't slide if you put it on your desk or a table, but it also doesn't slide into your pocket very well. Not bad, but not great. - Amzer - Argyle - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information