Saturday 26 December 2009

Iphone Replacement Glass - iphone, iphone screen repair


This replacement front glass and digitizer worked perfectly. The glass arrived well packaged and with pre-cut adhesive tape. This product does not come with instructions, but step-by-step instructions with pictures can be found [...].



It was not very difficult to install, but you need the right tools and you need to be patient. The whole process took me about an hour. The three things you will need are a phillips #00 screwdriver, an equally small flathead screwdriver, and a hairdryer.



The gentleman who gave this product a poor review is correct that this product does not come with the rubber gasket. However, no replacement glass from any company comes with that. It's actually part of the plastic frame that you will be attaching the new glass to with the adhesive tape. It can be difficult to remove the broken glass from the plastic frame, but if you use the hair dryer to loosen the adhesive on the broken glass, it should not take you very long to remove it and the rubber gasket will be just fine. I used the small screwdriver and a razor blade. Take your time.



Something else worth mentioning is that this glass comes with 5 protective films instead of just 2 (front and back). I was really impressed. You peel off a different protective film for each step of the reassembly process. That way, you don't get any dust, hair, or particles trapped in between your lcd and your glass.



This product is well made and I cannot tell the difference between it and my original one from Apple. If you can follow instructions well, this is the best and most cost effective way to fix your iphone glass. Apple Iphone 3G Replacement Front Glass and Digitizer - Repair your cracked glass

great price around... first time with amazon too fast shipment and you get well what you paid for. Just quick note : the LCD is like a chip so handle it carefully and don't pry anything, I did and now have to order A LCD..

It is true that you only get the front piece of glass when purchasing this item, however if you know what you are doing you can replace a broken screen. I do not recommend replacing the glass yourself, if you are not in some way mechanically inclined. I personally have replaced my screen twice, it takes quite a while but with a little patience and some time it can be done with this replacement part.

Yes this is an APPiE product, not a "real" Apple piece. Did you really expect to be getting a real OEM part for 9 bucks?



Regardless, it did the job and looks the stuff. My Father gave me his old iPhone 3G after he dropped it from his truck and smashed the glass. I ordered this and it came in way ahead of the expected delivery date, so I had it before my Dad could even ship me the phone. After a few hours of watching videoed instructions on how to remove the screen (YouTube)I got it done and the folks at the AT&T store said they couldn't even tell!



If I had to do it again I'd by the one with the plastic frame along with the glass, it's a few bucks more but the hardest part was getting the old broken glass off the silly frame without bending it all to hell. If I had that part it probably would have taken me about 20 minutes to replace it.



As a word of caution, the screw driver you get with this kit is too big for the internal screws so make sure you have a really tiny screw driver and a magnet to stick them to. I started this project sitting on the couch and spent a good half hour trying to find one of the tiny suckers... Sit at a well lit table or workbench!

Based on reviews here on Amazon, I ordered tools and adhesive separately, but my order DID include adhesive AND tools. Unfortunately, I damaged the LCD screen when I tried to remove it, so I'll need to order a new LCD before I can comment on how the glass installation went. My advice, for what it's worth: when pulling out the LCD, don't put too much pressure in any one spot at a time.

I just recieved this in the mail today, and put it on about an hour ago. First off I would like to say that you have to be very patient with this project, because its easy to get frustrated and want to quit. The ribbon cables are small and sometimes can be tough to unplug and plug back in. From start to finish it took me about an hour or so, and searching youtube made it very easy to understand what i needed to do. I rated this item 4 stars and not 5 stars simply because I have yet to put it through much use, and that it didn't come with any instructions. Hope this helps someone.

Poduct was received from shipper in excellent condition. I had to search youtube for the exact video that worked with this product. The Suggestion from seller only shows you how to disassemble. My suggestions are:

1. Find a new video to figure out how to assemble the product.

2. Pay close attention when disassmbling so you can remember how to wire it back up it, vides dont show exactly.

3. Work on a clean surface, wear glasses if your screen is cracked. Bits of glass my fly in your face during disassemble.

4. Store your screws carefully so you dont lose them.

Have fun - Iphone 3g - Iphone - Iphone Glass Screen - Iphone Screen Repair'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information