Monday 28 December 2009

Electronic Watches - ladies watch, inexpensive


For 15 years the CASIO LA-670WA-1 "Countdown" Ladies Dress Watch has been my teaching watch. I use the countdown timer and stopwatch functions every day to keep my class reasonably on time, to serve admirably in math and science classes, and to time games and quizzes. Add to that its amazing usefulness as a cooking/laundry timer and alarm clock and this watch is my ever-constant, dependable companion. Excellent quality and value. Casio Sport Watch Black Dial Stainless Steel Bracelet

I am like many of you that can't live without the countdown timer on this wonderful watch, but wish the watch were a little less geeky. I literally spent hours searching the world over (through the Internet) for a prettier watch that has the same timer feature. I have finely found it! It is also made by Casio, but for some odd reason they market it to Asia only. I did find a website that sells them to America. The watch is much prettier, with a round face, an analog dial (with the hands and all), and best of all a digital part that does the stopwatch and date. The essential and extremely rare countdown timer appears to be in a circle around the face of the watch and goes up to 60 minutes instead of just 30!! Anyway, thought some of you would want to know!

http://www.bodying.net/casio-shn-6005d-7a-casio-collection-25463.html

I like the watch itself, but the clasp isn't so great. My husband, who has two black belts in karate (the kind where you break boards and such), had to wrestle around mightily to get the clasp to close for me. I would definitely have paid a few dollars more to have a better clasp--as it is, I like the watch enough that maybe I'll get it reset....

I have had this watch for about 5-6 years. I did change the battery a couple of times at least. Also put on an inexpensive expansion band so it is easy to put on and take off. The band moves from watch to watch so it is worth the time and money to change it.



Last time I changed the battery something happened to the buttons for setting the time. I can still wear it since I did get the time set before reassembling the watch but cannot change time any more with the watch together.



I guess it is time to order another since it is more dressy than the black plastic ones that also wear very well as long as you put on a metal expansion band.

I LOVE my Casio ladies watch. It is slender and sleek, a perfect ladies watch. The only functions are time, date, stopwatch, and my favorite function, a minute countdown timer. I use the countdown timer at least 5x a day. It is perfect for timeouts with my 3 year old, or making sure that I don't burn dinner when I leave dinner in the oven for "just one more minute". I also bought one for my sister who is a teacher. Great watch at a great price.

This watch allows you to set a 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minute alarm with respectively 1,2,3,4, or 5 clicks of one button. You can set it while in conversation to remind yourself to do something, you can set it while cooking as an extra alarm, you can set it while driving, you can set it so fast that, if you are a busy person like myself, you will quickly become dependent on it.



I have found no other watch that has this feature, and I have searched vigorously because the watch is not beautiful, and not unusually durable, so until Casio wakes up to the utility of this feature for the busy person, or the forgetful person, I have to put up with it's appearance for the benefit of its utility, which is, for all it's lowly look, extraordinary.

This ladies' watch has features generally found only in larger watches, usually made for men. The countdown alarm is fabulous; I use it every day! The date function, stopwatch, hourly chime and regular alarm are very useful too. This small, thin watch looks nice on your wrist -- not clunky. Unlike some reviewers, I like the metal band just fine. It's easy to adjust with a needlenose pliers, and the watch has never slipped off my wrist. I do agree with everyone that a light would be great. But overall, this watch is still the best. I've worn it or a similar black plastic version for the past 20 years. At this price, it costs no more to buy a new one than to replace the battery. It's just an incredibly useful, nice-looking, inexpensive watch!

I bought the watch to use when doing "hard work"; gardening etc. Very good watch except for the band. I merely purchased a new band and now the watch is everything I expected when making the purchase.

Every time this watch breaks, I order another. However, like everyone else, I think the current band is useless and transfer my old band to the new watch. Since I'm too dyslexic to use an analog watch, this is just the perfect size and functionality I need. - Digital Watch - Inexpensive - Watches - Ladies Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information