Tuesday 29 December 2009

Brad Nailers - woodworking, brad nailer


Since each seller may have a different standard and policy, my review is more specific to the one that I purchased from Tool King. Please see my uploaded photos above, the unit I received was likely to be a rental unit. There are stains all over the handle. The paint on the tool is worn off at corners, indicating substantial usage. The signs of "reconditioning" are the black marker cover-up of the scratches on the black paint. The tool is in working order. But it is deceiving to call it refurbished. Factory-Reconditioned Bostitch U/SB-2IN1 2-In-1 Narrow Crown Stapler/18-Gauge Brad Nailer

This gun works perfect with not one problem. I have always liked Bostitch tools and this one being reconditioned has been tested better than a stock shelf item and I would buy reconditioned anytime with full warranty and I save about 30%, a good deal in my book.

Just started to use the 2 in 1 Bostitch. I would personally recommend to anybody that has a workshop or is a woodworking. It's lite weight plus can get into about any space to staple or put in a brad. Yes' it is small but packs enough power to set the stable or brad where you want it.

works just like it noted in the booklet with no problems.. looks brand new (I could not tell if it was used at all).. Came in a case with complimentary staples and nails (Hello and Thank You Bostitch/Amazon) Thanks so much to whom it may concern....

I bought this item for the flexibility of being able to use brads or staples in it, and the price was very reasonable. When I tried out my Bostitch U/SB-2in1 I could not get it to drive the brads all the way into the 3/4 in plywood I was using for the test. I had the air preasure at the Max recommended for its operation. There is a little knurled wheel in the front, but adjusting it up or down did't seem to make any difference. I looked in the operating manual that comes with the nailer, but could find no solution to the problem. The manual is very poorly written. So I just had a bunch of brads with their heads sticking out of the wood. Maybe they should send a nail set along with this item.



I tried out the staples and had the same result.



I don't know whether its being reconditioned had anything to do with the poor performance. In any event, this one is not a good buy at any price.

Works excellently perfect for the home repair projects I'm involved in.

In the box was everything I needed to get started. You just need a compressor and hose.

The gun is reasonably light, about 2 pounds, making it very easy to maneuver.

Tool King had the best overall deal.

I just ordered this nailer on 6-15-11 and received it TODAY!! (6-16-11) WOW!! that was quick...So, I take it out of the box. The carrying case is clean and working order with the owners manual. The nailer is clean, no blemishes, doesn't even look like it has ever been used.

I tested the nailer with the provided narrow crown 18 Gage staples and then the brad nails. The gun works perfect. I am glad I bought this from Amazon instead of paying full price on a brand new unit. If your looking for good quality tools, CPO is the way to go. I cant say enough good things about CPO.



Thank you

Billy

Factory-Reconditioned Bostitch U/SB-2IN1 2-In-1 Narrow Crown Stapler/18-Gauge Brad Nailer



I started to do some minor repairs after our foundation was repaired and realized a trim nailer was badly needed. I located this one on the internet and figured the price was right. I am glad I bought it . it came in a nice case, came quickly and works great.

No complaints on this refurbished item. Redid all of my kitchen cabinet doors using this baby. I'm sure it saved me over $3K. Couldn't be happier. Says it shouldn't be used over 100 psi, but I cranked it up to 120 just to get thru the hard beadboard I put over the melamine, and it did great. This was using the 3/4" staples, which I know I went thru a few hundred. I haven't used it yet as a brad nailer. - Brad Nailer - Woodworking - Brad Nailers - Cpo Bostitch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information