Monday 28 December 2009

Wireless Home Theater


I bought this after returning a Sony Home theater, not knowing what to expect. I read reviews on other Samsung Home Theater Systems and most of them got poor reviews. So I was very leery about buying this. Well I was pleasantly surprised. This was alot better than expected. The size of the speakers are very deceiving. As small as they are, they still produce a wonderful sound. The system definitely sounded better once i got it home than it did in the store. This system sets up very easily. The only downfall is the length of speaker wire for the rear speakers. As with any system the wires just aren't long enough. And they have special connectors that plug into the back of the system so I had to cut and splice the wire to make them longer. But other than that this system is WONDERFUL!! Great sound just enough bass. Samsung Electronics HT-D550 Home Theater System

This player works great. Plays DVDs, divx, mp3, etc... The Amazon description says it's wifi enabled but IT IS NOT. I was hoping to get a player that would play media off of my network, but I researched before I bought it and no other site said it had wi-fi, so I was mostly just hoping. Mysteriously, Samsung has no mention of this product on their website. Using the HDMI connection, if you turn this player on and put a disk in, my TV turns on and changes itself to the correct input. It's so easy that my 18 month old has learned how to get a movie going. The sound is great too. I had a philips home theater system before and the center channel was always too low. It was booming bass out of the subwoofer before the center channel was loud enough to hear voices. With this Samsung, the voices are clear and crisp. And the bass is great when you want it too. I really like the "touch sensitive" buttons. It's so easy to clean sticky kids fingerprints off the face.

I have this system hooked up to my 46" Toshiba LED TV. The TV controls the receiver with no programming at all. The set-up is easy. The speakers do have connectors on the end of the already which is a pro and a con. You can just strip back connectors and either solder or twist off wire to make a connection if you have wire routed through the walls like I do. The subwoofer has a decent amount of bass. One of my favorite things about this system is it doesn't eat power as a 1000W system. I had a 325W Sony System before that would heat up my room because it used so much power, but this system sounds way better and allows better energy efficiency of most systems around. I hooked my TV up to it so I can have surround sound Digital Signal when watching basic cable, playing games, or watching movies. I also hooked up my computer audio to the receiver so I can listen to music off of my computer whenever as well. It is really easy to switch audio sources and the receiver can produce Dolby sound. I feel for what this receiver cost, it was a steal for $180. I would recommend and already have to many people.



Pros

-Energy Efficiency

-Sound Quality

-Easy Set-Up

-All in One Player



Cons

-May need to cut speaker wire if rout wires through walls and ceiling



Bottom Line: I recommend this system. Great Gift Idea as well.

I'm very disappointed with the product. The home theater that was shipped to my house is not the same that amazon anounced. The speakers are totally different. The design looks like old. I don't recomend other customers buy this home theater.

I had looked on line at alot of sites. My son told me to try AMAZON.COM. I looked at alot of Home Theater System that would work with my 3D Ready Ready HD TV I had purchased. I couldn't believe how quick it would be to find the right one at the right price for my budget. It was easy to narrow down my choices. I didn't have to worry about what else I needed. The information was provided of what I may need to hookup the system. It was so easy. The Samsung Home Theater System work great.Samsung Electronics HT-D550 Home Theater System

The sound quality is good for the price. About what youd expect, good but not top-end.



I bought this item but returned it because I was hoping to use it as a receiver for a record player that I have that has an internal pre-amp and outputs AUX. However, this system will only play the record AUX out of the front two speakers ( I think since it's not a true receiver?). Also using the mini-audio input, sound will only come out of the front two speakers and the sub. I didn't realize this when I bought it and its really not worth $180 to have two tiny speakers playing your record player and only 3 playing an ipod and what I really wanted was a "surround sound" experience during both of those uses. I was planning on using it for the ipod & turntable now and for a TV/cablebox set up in the future when I could afford a TV, but it wasn't really a good solution for that.



So, the system is good if you have a TV but if you want to use it for something else, don't bother. You also really need a TV to do any configuring of the device since all the menus are on-screen.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wireless Home Theater Wireless Home Theater Wireless Home Theater