Thursday 31 December 2009

Overnight Diapers - pampers, baby


I'd been a loyal Pampers consumer since my daughter was in size newborn Swaddlers and the prospect of their Dry Max technology enticed me when it was introduced. My daughter was at the age where overnight diapers had become a necessity and I loved the notion that the Baby Dry line had been improved upon.



I learned, or rather she learned, very quickly that Dry Max was unfortunately not an improvement. She was wearing a size 3 at the time and began to wake up every morning soaked from mid-chest to knees. I assumed that she needed a size 4 for overnight and while the leaks didn't occur as regularly, there were still 2-4 mornings a week when she'd wake up soaked to the bone. I had purchased a small package and decided that once I had used the last one I was going to switch brands; I should have done so sooner.



The first thing that I noticed one morning was that the left seam of her Extra Protection diaper had come undone. There were small gel beads all over her bedding and her, and when I removed her pajama bottoms and diaper I was in shock. Her stomach, bottom and thighs were covered in red welts with some areas more inflamed than others and others that had the appearance of a typical but severe diaper rash. I had never seen anything like it; she screamed when I wiped, screamed when she sat, screamed when she moved. Motrin had no effect so I made an appointment with her pediatrician for that afternoon and he too was shocked. As it turned out it wasn't welts nor was it a rash - she had suffered caustic burns from the Dry Max beads.



I was livid and called Pampers immediately. They in turn asked for a release of her medical records for that appointment and I gave her pediatrician the okay to do so. I received a letter and 52 coupons for free diapers, their obvious attempt to bring me back as a consumer. I haven't purchased a single Pampers product since.



Please use this with caution. My daughter isn't the only one who this happened to and that in and of itself is a very unsettling fact.

These diapers work great. No more changing onesies first thing in the morning. Only thing is if the jellies start to come out there is a big mess on your hands but this rarely happens. I've been using these on my twins since they turned 5 months. They also work great if you are going on long trips.

we got this larger diaper because we thought it would hold more.

he was filling up the size 4.

at night we put him on the extra protection size 4.

he still filled it up.

so we moved up to size 5.

it does not seem to hold much more.

sometimes it gets so full a few blobs get on his clothes.

hes only 31 inches and 23 pounds.

I wish I had read reviews of these before I purchased them. My 20 month old wears a size 4. This diaper claims that it lasts up to 12 hours. Not true! The 1st night it lasted for 7 hours and the 2nd night it lasted 9 hours. The diaper did not just leak it exploded---the filling inside the diaper was all over! All over my daughter, her crib, and jammies. The diaper fell apart at the front opening and gel beads where everywhere!



I did call Pampers to complain. They seemed very aware of the problem and tried to offer me 2 ten dollar off coupons. To which I told them I won't be purchasing their products anymore. So instead they are mailing a $20 check. It still doesn't make me completely happy since I had to change/wash sheets and give my daughter a bath at 3am!

I've been using these diapers for about six months for my now 16 month old son. We cloth diaper during the day but I needed a super absorbent disposable for my heavy-wetter and these have been great! I have not had any leaks and they fit my son's slim frame well. The diapers have a lot of absorbency in the front which is perfect for boys and/or stomach sleepers. My son still wakes up at night but I no longer have to change soggy, leaky diapers in the middle of the night which makes it so much easier to get him back to sleep. I will continue to use these and plan on using them for my next boy on the way.

I've been using the Huggies Overnights and they are great --- 5 stars in my opinion. Unfortunately, I purchased these on Amazon because I have a Subscribe and Save account and I got 108 Pampers Overnights for $25! I put them on my son last night and this morning when he woke, his pj's were all wet and the diaper was saggy and messy! I'll just use them in the daytime. If you're looking for an overnight diaper, Huggies work great for us. They are so much thicker.

Had to buy these instead of the Huggies Overnights because our local grocery store was sold out of the Huggies (now I know why!). These are absolutely AWFUL. We used them for two nights on our 1-year-old son. The first night he had a few gels on him - no biggie, he had drank a lot that day and peed a lot overnight. But the 2nd time we used them, the seam on the left leg let go, and when I opened his sleeper that morning, his entire left leg was FULL of urine-soaked gels. I had an absolute MESS. I packaged the rest of the diapers up and gave them to a friend, and bought a box of Huggies Overnights. NEVER AGAIN will I buy these diapers. - Diaper - Disposable - Pampers - Baby'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information