Monday 28 December 2009

Xoom Accessories - motorola xoom screen protector, android tablet


Stop! Before you buy this, look at the reviews this product has for the iPad (there were none here when we bought this). Overall only 2 stars, with half (73 of 150) reviews giving it just one star. Why? Because it is impossible to install!



First of all, it comes with just a tiny amount of "Shield Spray." My friend got the same amount of spray with the Zagg for her tiny iPhone. It was not nearly enough for a tablet. I used the entire bottle, but was unable to keep this thing wet enough to slide to the correct position.



Second, because you can't keep it wet, the adhesive grabs too quickily, not giving you enough time to work the bubbles out. This was a lot like taking one of your children's stickers and pressing it on and peeling it off again and again, hoping it happens to land in the right position.



This might have worked with a lot more spray. The instructional video Zagg has online (which I did watch first!) shows a larger bottle. I've tinted car windows before, and that is a lot easier than this because you can always add water to keep things wet. This product dries up too fast, or is just too sticky, to get a good installation. ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Motorola Xoom (Screen) (MOTXOOMS)

I've installed a few of these kinds of skins over the years; both Zagg and generic versions off ebay. The XOOM wasn't particularly difficult (I installed the full body version).



Remember to have lots of the fluid! The amount Zagg provides is not much for the size of the device. As such - make your own.



Put about 5 drops of CLEAR dish washing detergent like the clear green Palmolive in about 100-200 cc of water in a large bowl, stir a little but don't create too many bubbles. Dunk the plastic piece in there and then carefully install. Don't get fluid in the speaker/switch/microphone holes. Let it dry for at least 24 hours.



As for the Zagg skin... It is what it is, YMMV in terms of preference for the look/feel.



Good luck!

I too didn't have enuff juice to apply this correctly on my xoom. What was left was a bunch of bubbles, I thought (per the instructions) would work their way out, the real deal is that the wet bubbles will work out, especially with a squeege and some of the bad looking spots will look good after a couple of days. ONLY IF YOU HAVE ENUFF JUICE. Luckly I had a similar product for another device and it came with more than enuff juice (pack rats rejoice) which I used to redo the whole installation. It would have been happily ever after if I had spent more time keeping the screen clean during install, so a dog hair made it near the corner, I lifted the corner, removed hair and rejuiced and sqeegi'd the corner down, now there is a line where I pulled the cover back to. then I tried to pull the cover half way back (I was running out of juice) I was left with a line halfway down the screen and another one by the corner. I gave up and didn't even use it with the toilet as a practical joke. Make sure if you get this do it right the first time and use every drop or get more juice.



-a

I got the Zagg invisibleSHIELD for Xoom after reading many reviews. Even though people claim the screen protector is not needed for the Gorilla glass, you don't want to take chance for such a pricey device. Application was a pain in the @$$ but it's worth it. The solution allows you to line up the shield properly because it can slide around. I have had bad experiences with just the hard sticky ones as it's a pain to line them up properly.



The online video helps a lot. Make sure to apply a generous amount of the solution. After the first day, there were about 4 bubbles and after 2 days they are all gone. No noticeable effects on the touch screen. Fingerprint smudges have gone down considerably too. I actually like the way the screen feels with the protector.

Motorola Xoom Zagg Protector:



I have purchased and installed Zagg products before. I was a little disappointed this time around with the quality and ease of installation. As always with ANY screen protector you have the challenge of overcoming bubbles, lints, and whatever else may be in the air that will get under the screen protector.



Upon receiving this product, I discovered most of the spray had leaked out of the container it was shipped in. This made installation difficult..

Also the protector did not give complete coverage from edge to edge. It was off a good 1/8" overall....

Overall the quality of material that offers protection is still great...



Overall I have never had a problem with the protection Zagg offers. The installation and fit has been what always varies..



It would be a great option if the mftr offered a professionally installed screen protector before shipping for a few dollars more...

I have been using Invisible Shield on my various electronics since 2006. This stuff is, by far, the best screen protector out there.



Pros:

-Stays on devices without peeling if applied correctly

-Takes a beating without scratching

-Free lifetime replacement



Neutral:

-A little bit of a process to apply it correctly, but when it is done right, it is worth it. If done wrong, it is replacable.



Cons:

If you don't use enough of the spray, you will get micto bubbles under the shield (I don't know about you, but they bother me)- USE SPRAY LIBERALLY!!!



The micro bubbles are bad enough to me for a loss on 1 star, but otherwise, I love this stuff, and I haven't found anything else out there that even comes close.

I have several android devices and I have other brands of protective films that I have installed so I feel that I have a good idea of what is easy and what is a pain.



The Xoom is a large device so I was really worried that it was going to be really hard and a big mess to install. Well, it wasn't! Actually this film went on really easy... I will warn you of a couple of things though... make sure you have a can of compressed air on hand and quickly blast your device BEFORE YOU put the film on! and of course have a clean lint free area to work BEFORE you peel the film off!!!! Use plenty of the spray both on your hands and on the film and it will be easy.



I started at the top and put the film on straight first, then once it was straight I peeled it up from the sides and sprayed it again on the film and squeegeed it from the middle to the edge, on each side. I ended up with a perfect mirror finish!



Good Luck!! - Android Tablet - Motorola Xoom Screen Protector - Android - Motorola Xoom'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • motorola xoom
  • ,
  • android tablet
  • ,
  • android
  • ,
  • motorola xoom screen protector