Friday 25 December 2009

Video Games


I hated having my Kinect sitting in front of my TV, so about a month ago I started looking for supports for it to sit on top. I was surprised to see that there were not many options and none of the ones I found on Amazon had any really good reviews. A lot of the reviews I found said to go buy something for the PS3 and use that. I saw this clip was available for pre-order and figured the price wasn't too bad so I took a shot.



I got it today and was very happy. It matches the color and finish of my Panasonic plasma TV perfectly. It took all of 10 seconds to set it up and attach the Kinect and it's very stable. It adjusts very easily for different thickness televisions so I had no problem getting it to fit my plasma. I wonder how it would fit some of the really thin sets I have been seeing but I don't have one so I can't comment. It would certainly fit a set thicker than the one I have. I shook the TV a little to see if there was a chance I would come home from work one day with the Kinect on the floor and nothing moved at all. Now the cord to the Kinect is hidden from sight (I hate cables) and the Kinect is on top of the television, where games keep telling me it will work better. I would recommend this to anyone. Kinect TV Mount Clip

When I removed the clip from the box, I didn't think it could possibly work. However, it mounted perfectly on top of our Samsung 45" LCD. Moving the Kinect to a higher position really improved the overall experience. Definitely recommend.

I have a 47" Samsung LED TV so it is very thin and this TV mount works amazing. Easy to use and setup, lots of adjustments to fit different types of TV's and a good price. I would definitely recommend this product.

Was easy to install and securely holds the kinect out of 4 and 2 year olds' reach on top of the my 32" lcd. I highly recommend this product. Only minor nissue is when playing a game that requires jumping, once in a blue moon the kinect shake just enough to have to recalibrate it to continue.

I have two KINECTs and bought this mount for our new Samsung 43" plasma, a model with a 1" deep frame but a 2" deep chassis. This mount couldn't find a way to get a secure grip on the TV. Its design relies on a range of relationship between the frame and chassis back, and our 2011 model has a physical configuration that just didn't work. That was a disappointment as I had picked the PDP for its glossy finish and small visual "footprint" to minimize its impact on the TV. Instead, I had to use the CTA model that also works with a PS3 but is much bulkier and has a matt-black finish. The PDP does work on the other KINECT-enabled TV, a 2005 Sony Bravia 26" LCD, and it does provide a very secure mount for that application. Just don't rely on a "universal" fit for all flat panels . . . you may end up with something of no use and too costly to ship back for a refund (buy locally to try?).

Product shipped in a new, unopened box. Getting into the box was more difficult than setting it up! In my opinion, this should have been included WITH the Kinect controller! It is made of plastic, but it doesn't sound like it's "breaking" when opened up, as some people have claimed. It "clicks" as the rear bracket is adjusted, but once adjusted it holds the Kinect in place very well. If someone is worried about it falling off their TV, then they have entirely too much activity going on around their TV and should be worried about the TV more then the Kinect! Also, they should fork over an extra $30 and purchase the bracket that is bungied onto the TV.

Anyway, it took me all of 30 seconds to mount the Kinect onto the bracket and set it in place on top of the TV. After recalibrating the Kinect controller, it sees me and my son perfectly! I'm 6'3" and it used to have a hard time recognizing me when close to the system. My son is only 8 so a lot shorter than I am and it picked him up just fine before. But now it's the perfect height for both of us! :-)

Great product at a decent price (though I still think it should have come with the Kinect).'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Video Games Video Games Video Games