Monday 28 December 2009

Screen Protectors - apple ipad, screen protectors


Fact is: This thing DOES NOT fit.

a) The actual iPad is bigger and thicker

b) the speakers do not align with the openings

c) the earphone opening is too small - I tried 4 earphones (2 of them Apple made) - none of them plug all the way in

d) the case is too soft - it doesn't hold its form, so the iPad could slip out of the (not-fitting) case rather easily



Obviously, the makers are not that strong with the Force, that they cannot predict the correct dimensions of the iPad before it was released by Apple.



Alternatively, I must be on a planet where laws of physics are different from those who give the 5 stars, 4 stars reviews. Whether the glowing reviews here are home-cooking or not, I'd let you to decide.



***



Now I understand why the InCase iPad case ($39.99 at AppleStore) is so thick and expensive: Because it needs to be thick (so the earphone opening could be large enough), and it needs to be harder (so it won't change form while you're holding it, preventing the iPad from slipping out of the case).



What you pay is what you get. In this case, I get a piece of crap.

Update: You can't plug into port adequately with the case on. The bottom portion needs to be flipped down to do so effectively. Not a major issue, but thought I'd mention.



The case fits on the iPad pretty well, including the contour on the back. It does seem to make the iPad feel a bit heavier, but I just need to get used to it. The one thing about silicone cases in general is that it makes it hard to slide the iPad in and out of the InCase pouch, which is why I never use these on my iPhone as it turns your pockets inside out when you try and pull the iPhone out of your pocket. The screen protector went on easy, but it was impossible to get all the bubbles out, so I also chucked it. I'll wait for some better screen protectors to come out. In the meantime, I have the InCase pouch that I keep the iPad in, but again, it's very difficult to slide the iPad in and out of the pouch. But this case is okay, I'll keep it.

This is an excellent case and fits the iPad just right, not too tight. The best part about the case is that the silicone material prevents the iPad from slipping out of your hands, in addition to protecting the back from scratches. However, I am not satisfied with the the screen protector that came with it. I was not successful in applying it properly. Kept leaving bubbles. After a couple of tries, I simply gave up. I would buy it just for the case.

I wanted a cover with a rubbery texture so the iPad wouldn't be as likely to slide off surfaces, and I wouldn't be as likely to drop it. This is exactly what it is. Shipping was quick also, overall a very good purchase for the price. The free screen guard works just like the iPhone versions and fits well too.

The screen protector was impossible to get all the little bubbles out. The screen protector was prone to getting things embedded in the outside face. The handling sticker on the screen protector required mineral oil to get the sticky off.



The rubbery case felt uncomfortable on my hands and made my hand feel a bit itchy.



I have an iPhone and have used a silicone case protector from Belkin. It has none of these problems.



Now I know why it was cheap. Had I paid more I'd be furious. As is I took it off and wrote it off as a bad purchase.

I don't know if I received a faulty case or not, but it was overall terribly made. If all you want the case to do is protect your ipad, then this case does an okay job. However it does not look good and it gets in the way of using the ipad. The bottom of the case does not stay on top of the ipad but rather bends forward. Furthermore the back of the case is not smooth. I cannot say anything about the screen protector because I do not plan on using it. I suppose I got what I paid for, and because this product is unreliable, I suggest looking at other cases.

This iPad cover is functional and cheap, and that's about all you can say positively about it. The material is a cheap rubbery substance that carries static and therefore attracts hair and lint. The fit for the most part is okay, except the cover bends upward near the square button because the rubber is thinner there, and this looks very poor. If you want to protect against scratches and a mild fall, this protector will do the job.



The included clear screen protector is the standard design with removable front and rear sheets to reveal the actual cover. The screen protector works perfectly well, but applying it isn't for the impatient. You must thoroughly clean the screen before applying and ensure even the smallest lint has been removed. Apply the protector, and for the lint that you missed and causes a bubble, peel the protector back until you can pick off the lint using a piece of scotch tape. - Screen Protectors - Case - Ipad - Apple Ipad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information