Monday 28 February 2011

Envelopes - envelopes, hallmark


I had been searching for a replacement for the Hewlett-Packard card stock, which is no longer available, and decided to try the Hallmark brand, expecting to be disappointed because I didn't think I'd find any product I liked as well as the Hewlett-Packard Linen card stock. I was very pleased to find that I was able to make beautiful cards with the Hallmark card stock. I'm very pleased with the quality and have actually reordered since my original order. Hallmark Blank Greeting Cards Half-fold Matte Premium 20 Count

This premium quality 85# matte blank greeting card product produced stunningly beautiful, brilliant and crisp text and graphic images using my injet printer. I have tried similar products, but Hallmark clearly stands out among its competitors.

The product is economically priced and you receive a bonus trial edition Hallmark Card Studio software CD, which makes this deal hard to beat.

These are the only foldable greeting card sheets I've seen on Amazon that are scored. If you care enough to send not necessarily the very best but something that looks reasonably professional, these may be the only choice. (Look carefully in the description for some reference to the paper being scored.) Also, after comparing the results achieved with these and those printed on textured Avery's (at more than half the price), I'm all the more impressed by Hallmark paper. (5 stars if you can get a box for under $15 and avoid postage.)

This paper works exceptionally well with Hallmark Greeting Card software and quite well with American Greetings Greeting Card software as well. I particularly like the weight and brightness of the stock. It works well with my HP printer and doesn't jam like other papers I have used.

I could only get this paper to feed correctly through my HP 7310 inkjet printer about 50% of the time, thereby causing me to go through an awful lot of paper... even after cleaning my printer. I much prefer the Hallmark Traditional Card size, which doesn't appear to be available anymore, and didn't give me nearly as much trouble as this paper. Plus, after printing, the card just didn't look as nice. It didn't stand as straight up as straight as the previous Hallmark card stock... I'm not sure that the other was thicker or anything, it just seemed less flimsy. For the cards that did print, the ink saturation looked good though.

I took a bunch of pictures of my Mom's pansies, then made a card with a collage of the images. I gave it to her for Mother's Day. She LOVED it! She recognized the flowers as hers, and now has a permanent image of them.



Just follow the instructions, and the paper stock will go through your inkjet just fine. I used the matt finish paper, because I didn't know if the glossy would smear.



They are comletely blank on both sides (unlike "photo paper" that always has the mfg name on the back, making it useless for 1/2-fold cards).

I was printing my Christmas cards and decided to add a picture of the family to it. I first printed five or so cards using some other brand Avery/American Greetings Half Fold Blank Cards, and everything looked OK. Then, I used the Hallmark Premium Blank Greeting Card paper. The colors were so much deeper and bright.



I've uploaded scans of a picture using both papers. While the card stock is a little fuzzy on both, you must remember you are not printing on photographic paper, you can see that the Hallmark paper looks richer.



When I checked the prices, they were almost the same, with the Hallmark cards costing less than a nickle more per card. For that amount, it's no contest. People are going to look at my cards and wonder how they look so rich and alive. It will be our secret. One suggestion, though: if you print any of your cards on this Hallmark paper, please make sure you print all of your cards on it. I ran out and just hope no one notices that their card is not a beautiful as another person on my Christmas card list.

WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT MY HALLMARK CARDMAKER DELUXE 2006 SOFTWARE I BOUGHT THIS TYPE OF STOCK PAPER. THEN IT RAN OUT ON THEIR WEBSITE! I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED. WHEN I FOUND IT AT AMAZON.COM I WAS THRILLED AND AM STILL USING IT! PERFECT SIZE FOR THAT PERFECT CARD! I USE THIS SIZE THE MOST OF ALL FOR MY CARDS WHICH I MAKE! TRY IT!!!

The cards are flimsy, not thick paper and have a poor print surface. Almost like printing on plain paper.



The envelopes are thin, pretty much bottom of the barrel.



Software (a 'trial version') only works on PC, MAC users need not apply.



You get a fancy package with cheap product inside - Hallmark has a lot of nerve calling this 'Premium Blank' and 'High Quality', unless they are describing the box it comes in.



If you are trying to make first rate greeting cards, this is not your solution.



I spent my entire career in the graphic arts, so I know paper.

This is the second pack of IDENTICAL Hallmark cards. They are IDENTICAL boxes - 85lb (per box label), but clearly the second pack is a lighter weight card, it feels too flimsy. I bought the first box about 1.5 yrs ago. I will not buy these again, as I would be just as well off buying heavy 8x10 stock paper from the art store. Someone at Hallmark should be embarrassed. - Greeting Cards - Blank Cards - Hallmark - Envelopes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information