Sunday 27 February 2011

Gluten Free - gluten free cereal, erewhon


My name is Annelies and I work for attune foods, the manufacturer of Erewhon Cocoa Crispy Brown Rice cereal. Our Erewhon certified gluten free cereals are made in a peanut-free, tree-nut free and dairy-free facility. They are run on a shared line with gluten and we abide by good manufacturing practices to help ensure against cross-contamination. This consists of the machinery being sanitized and thoroughly washed down before the cereal is made. Then after it is made, the cereal is tested to ensure it is less than 20 ppm of gluten. We sent the cereal to a separate facility last fall to double check the levels at which it tested and found it to be less than 5ppm of gluten. In November of 2010, our Erewhon gluten free cereals were certified gluten free by GIG. I hope this helps clarify our current practices as I realize there are reviews dating back many years on amazon.com and thought it would be helpful to update interested consumers of it on amazon.com.



Having a daughter with Dairy allergies, I am always looking for tasty products that are dairy-free. I was set up on this as a subscription, but my family ate it so fast that I needed more... fast. But, everyone must love it as much as we do because now they're out of stock. BTW: We eat it with vanilla almond milk. It provides a little more sweetness and the tastes really work together.



I highly recommend it - just don't buy it until I've had my next shipment:)!!!

We can't find this at the store so we get this on Amazon for my 7 year old who has Celiac Disease. A lot of gluten free products have bad textures and weird after tastes. This does not!! This is DELICIOUS!! Not only does my celiac love it, my 4 year old son loves it too!

Since going GF for celiac, I've tried a number of products that have been good and bad. This one is definately HORRIBLE! The cocoa crispies are not even sweet. They have a horrible aftertaste and don't even taste like chocolate. I threw the bowl out after taking a couple of bites. It was that bad. - Gluten Free Cereal - Dairy-free - Erewhon - Gluten Free'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information