Sunday 27 February 2011

Canvas Messenger Bag - canvas bag, messenger


This bag is certainly roomy and the canvas is sturdy. The strap is wide enough to be comfortable even with a heavy load, and the large compartment gives you room to make this bag very heavy indeed.



I bought this to use for school but unfortunately with it so large, there is nothing to give it any shape once you put books in it. If the bag is underfilled, things just flop around inside, giving the bag a collapsed shape that makes it awkward to lug around, but to fill it can make it uncomfortably heavy.



Of the four outside pockets, two of them are not covered by the main flap, and none of them have a way to secure their contents. Anything you put in there is going to slide out if you toss this bag around, and if it rains the stuff on the outside will be wet. The "zippered pouch" on the inside is tiny and fairly useless as well, almost an afterthought.



Most disappointing of all was the fact that the flap is held down by two strips of velcro on the front of the bag. It doesn't seem secure enough to be the only thing holding this bag closed with the kind of weight it is capable of carrying. A drawstring or zipper for the main compartment would be welcome to better secure the bag's contents and make it easier to carry when not fully loaded.



In short, an OK bag for short trips, and certainly durable enough to last for years, but too frustrating to kick around every day for school. Rothco Classic Heavyweight Messenger Bag - IN BLACK!

I was getting a new laptop and needed a larger messenger bag to carry around my high school. This was one of the larger options out there so I knew it would have room to carry around all of my large textbooks and binders plus my laptop around the school. I think it has worked out excellently, because the side pockets are very large and they fit a lot of stuff, plus the back pencil pocket. I like especially how there's a border around the top of the bag when you remove the flip over cover. I highly recommend this for someone who needs space for school. :)

Ever read Harry Potter? Really, the bag is like Arthur Weasley's magically enlarged car trunk.



It is just about as big as any other messenger bag looking from outside. But this is what I have in it today:



- A 13' laptop, with a laptop sleeve

- A hardcover textbook. Specifically it's Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory. Just think of it as that brick of a calculus textbook you had back in the frshman year.

- Two 100-sheet spiral notebooks.

- A Microsoft Arc mouse in the zipper pocket.

- Pencil pouch, umbrella, etc.



The materials seem sturdy, and it is overall well constructed. Simple, roomy, and sturdy. What else can you possibly want from a messenger bag? (No, none of them will do your math homework for you.)

I recently spent 4 weeks in Thailand ans used this product extensively to carry jackets, sweater, comera, water and many other valuabled items with me.. I enjoyed the space the enclosed departments for organization and most of all the security I felt having ever thing looped over my shoulder and under my arm for safty.

The bag came in a small package which fit in my mail box, so before I even opened it I was kind of regretting the purchase already. But as I unfolded it & reviewed it I could see the potential that this bag had. It had some wrinkles which I thought I would have to iron out before I use the bag, but to my surprise when I went to use the bag a few hours later all the wrinkles were gone & I was ready to put it to good use. Bag is great to carry about 3 text books, pens, a few folders, iPod, camera, cell charger & cell & still not look bulky or put much weight on you. [Only thing I dont like about the bag is that it has Velcro to hold the bag closed, but getting a clip or something would ease that worry] Recommend Highly to college students & everyday stylish man bag lovers. lol

I bought this for my little brother for his freshman year in high school. He enjoys the way it feels and looks and has enough room for his folders. He decorated his using patches and other things. Great buy and wonderful on shipping.

It is lightweight and durable. The bag has six pockets. Inside the main pocket (1) is the most secure pocket, a zippered pouch (2) which is the width of a check register. I keep stuff like flash drives in there since they won't fall out. On either side of the main pocket (outside of bag) are two (3,4) pockets that only close with a center snap, leaving room on either side of the snap for items to fall out although I don't find this much of a concern since they are rather deep. The last two (5,6) pockets (in front) are the largest, after the main, and they are only protected by the flimsy flap with not so great Velcro straps holding it shut. I say not so great because they don't line up well and the horizontal strip on the flap attaches to two small vertical strips on the body of the bag and there is not much contact for it to stay closed. If you lay the bag down, those contents tend to wanna fall out. Not a huge concern, but you should be aware of it. That is the reason I gave it 4 stars rather than 5. Very nice bag overall.

This bag is a nice durable bag. It tends to take the shape of whatever is in it but that should be expected from a canvas bag. If you are looking for a simple bag to get back and forth to work, school, or merely to pack an overnight of clothes this will do great for you. I would not recommend putting a computer in this bag without some additional protective case. - Canvas Messenger Bag - Book Bag - Canvas Bag - Messenger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information