Friday 25 February 2011

Multi-region Dvd - region free dvd player, dvd player


I got this player not knowing what to expect. I wanted something that could play all of my dvds including my pal formatted dvds. When I got this player I was a little surprised at how simple it looked. I thought maybe I was getting a cheap dud, but I was wrong. Right from the start it plays every dvd that I put into it. I looked that the box that it came in and it stated that the player was Region 2 formatted, but there was a sticker next to it that said region free on it. It is definitely region free as it plays all of my Region 1 discs as well as my Region 2. It also comes with an adapter for American wall outlets as it has a european plug. I love this player. It has been very nice to me. Its very easy to use and I set it up in 2 minutes. Well worth the money. I recommend it. Toshiba SD705 Multi Region Code Free DVD Player w/ USB Input & Divx Playback - 110/220V Worldwide Use

I purchased this based on reviews. I have a large collection of region 2, 3, 4, and 6 movies and TV series. My old player was showing some problems. On receipt, I unpacked and set it up. Popped in a R1, hit play, no problems. Great audio and video.

Next I put in a brand new R3. It sounded like a grinder, loading and 30 seconds later, the menu came on. I played and got a very soft picture and the audio is half the level of my old player. I tried some DVR's next. USA recorded,played perfect. Pal discs took 3 minutes to load and played with soft picture, low level audio, and a jerky picture. Again, these had played perfectly on my old player. Finally, today I tried a favorited movie from Germany.

I hit play and it started grinding away for several minutes and then said BAD DISC. With this, I dragged out my old player. hooked it up, popped the disc in and it's playing perfectly. I don't know if I just got a bad one or I got what I paid for. My old player is staying hooked up, this Toshiba goes into storage, and in a couple months I"ll be shopping for a higher end player. I gave it 2 Stars for R1 playback. I would give it a minus for other region playback.Toshiba SD 705 - DVD player - upscaling

I really wanted to have a region free DVD player, so I ordered this player which seemed reasonably priced and based on other users' comments, it sounded simple to operate, even for me, a non-techy person.



However, I was unable to use this product at all. It needs an adapter plug just to plug in into an outlet.



Also, there is no tech support for this model. The model was not listed on the Toshiba website for support, so I called a customer service number.



Once I gave the nice boring man the model number, he answered every question of mine with the line, "Toshiba does not support that model".



I sent it back.

this DVD player is awesome exactly what i was looking for. region free and not that expensive. exactly what i wanted plus the free shipping that arrive a day early than expected. simply I love this product :P

We bought Toshiba SD705 Multi Region DVD Player about a month ago. So far it has no problem. We can play the DVD's from China clearly and without any hesitation. But We have to wait longer to give final approval. So far so good.

The unit arrived quickly and was a breeze to set up. I needed to be able to play Region 2 DVDs in the US, and this unit worked perfectly. The picture quality was not quite as good as the Denon I pulled (removed because it was only Region 1) and I don't like the power cord not being removable from the unit (makes installation more difficult in certain circumstances), but at this price, these are small compromises. I hope the unit lasts! Please note the power plug is a universal European type with a USA adapter.

It does what I wanted. It plays dvd's from Europe and it was cheap. But you get what you pay for.

The color is dreadful and it doesn't matter if it is a DVD from Europe or the US. So it's a basic DVD player that will play European DVDs.

Given there is no HDMI connection, this can't be considered a state-of-the-art DVD player. However, if you don't mind the using slightly out-of-date technology, and want something that will play a variety of formats this fits the bill at a bargain price. I primarily bought this in order to play some DIVX discs, and it's doing a great job. I'm not sure if I'll really need the all-region feature, but my wife is from Korea so that might turn out to be useful. If you need an inexpensive player that will handle most formats, this is a good choice. - Divx Player - Dvd Player - Region Free - Region Free Dvd Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • region free
  • ,
  • dvd player
  • ,
  • divx player
  • ,
  • region free dvd player