Friday 25 February 2011

Comfortable Chair - comfortable chair, lumbar support


I'm in heaven. This chair gets the award for the perfect chair for a very bad back. My back is so bad that I'm disabled. Normally I can't sit for any short period of time. I have been able to work on my crafts today without being so crippled up. I was sooo...HAPPY! The chair has amazing lumbar support built in it and hits me in the proper zone of my back. The LeatherPlus is very buttery soft but seems very durable. I raked it across my texured wall without a rip or scratch on it. I'm loving this chair just after using it in these last 2 days.

It arrived packed in large box intact. My husband was able to put it together in less than 6 minutes. It took him twice as long to remove the chair from it's box due to it is packed in the box tightly with a spongy pad to cushion it in shipping.

The chair is ample in size and very padded. It is like sitting on a cloud! The price was right, too. It was under $225.00 including tax with free shipping with Amazon Prime. I didn't have to pay for one of those over-priced chairs to find relief for my back. I would recommend this chair for anyone that suffers from chronic back pain or just wanting to sit on a cloud in comfort. Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair

This chair arrived well-packaged and protected with a lot of foam insulation around the wheels and metal components. Assembly was quick and simple, as I didn't even need the instructions. All you have to do is put the air lift on the base and place the seat on the air lift, then it's ready to go. The chair has great lumbar support and reaches all the way up to my head, allowing me to rest entirely against it. It's also fairly comfortable, having a few inches of padding, while not being too compliant so as to lack support, making for a pretty good balance that I particularly like. The air lift lever (for raising/lowering the height of the chair) is designed so that when pushed in the chair cannot recline, but if you pull it out slightly, it releases a mechanical lock and allows the chair to recline back about 20-30 degrees.



I got it at a significantly reduced price on Amazon recently and think that it's definitely one of the best designed chairs for the price I got it at (~$150 with free shipping!). I'd recommend this chair personally (this coming from an engineer).

This chair is nicely built. It looks elegant and cool. It is easy to clean.

The problem for me is that this is too big.

I am male, 170 cm, 56 kg, that is about 5 foot 7 inches and 123 pounds. I don't feel very comfortable in this chair especially due to the armrest. The armrest is just a few centimeters too high, it pushes my elbow up, and that's annoying.

The part where you sit on is very large, and I seem to "sink" inside it, which worsens the armrest problem.

But I think if you are taller, this should be good. It will be even better if you are both taller and fatter. Maybe if I were 180cm(5 foot 11 inches) 85kg(188 pounds), this chair would be perfect.

The chair leans back which is nice. Doesn't seem to have too much lean which i don't really like but it's enough to put my feet up on my sub woofer. The leather is very nice quality and it has a built-in lumbar support which feels nice. My only issue with the chair was the first chair i sat in it and a bolt sheered off. But i told amazon and they had my new chair their the next day (same as what i paid for to ship it originally) and they had a ups man there the next day to pick up the broken chair. After that the chair has been flawless and very comfortable. The leather feels less cheap then the leather on my old chair.

I received my chair today, assembled it and tested it out. My immediate comments are the following:



1. Cosmetics: Very nice looking chair. Does look like a chair costing more.



2. The leather Plus is just that, a cross between leather and vinyl, although it does look like Nappa leather, but the feel is not quite the same.



3. Function: This chair DOES Recline. Past reviews said it did not. Those people need to pull out the lever that operates the height (air cylinder). This will unlock and the chair can recline about 25 degrees or so. Adequate for most people and standard for most chairs.



4. Comfort: The chair is very comfortable with adequate padding in the seat and the back. Also has lumbar support which I like. I could sit in this chair for hours. As a professor I work from home quite a bit, so we will see how the back feels.



5. Chair Height: many reviewers mention the chair height as an issue for certain height people. This chair does sit high. I have it on the lowest setting to sit at my desk which is standard height. ON the highest setting I can not use it, it is too high for my legs to fit under the desk. I am 6 feet and the lowest setting is fine for me, but if you are under 5' 6" it may be a problem.



6. Quality- Remains to be seen. But since it does not look cheap, and all plastic parts are made from a hard structural plastic, I guess the durability of the chair will last as long as my last one, 12 years, maybe. I'll update this in a few months.



Bottom Line: Go for it! Good chair for the money. However, if you are shorter than 5' 6" this chair may not be for you.





UPDATE: 6/10/2011



I now have had this chair for about six months. It is as good as it was when I bought it. I use it everyday and it is a pleasure to sit in it. The only thing it does do, however, is squeak! Just a little WD40 solves the problem.

This chair seems to be put together well and the leather seems alright. A couple problems i noticed immediately with this chair are that it sit at almost a 90 degree angle, so if you don't like sitting perfectly vertical it may be a problem. Another issue that i have, but others may not is that the chair is designed for someone who is probably 5'10" or under and the cushions hit in weird places if you are tall. Not sure if I like it yet or not, but it the padding is about 1" of firm foam padding. This may be since the chair is new, but it seems a bit firm as you can feel the transitions between the pads while sitting in the chair. - Comfortable Chair - Desk Chair - Swivel Chair - Lumbar Support'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information