Sunday 27 February 2011

Goggles - goggles, speedo


I bought the Speedo Vanquisher 'COLOR: clear' for night swimmming. The new 2.0 peripheral lens design actually allows me to see more. This is most important when I have swimmers encroaching into my lane! The clear lens has certainly helped me to avoid a few 'crashes'!



I have been using the Vanquisher series a while now because of the soft, comfortable silicone seals. These goggles always remain intact and watertight. I can even dive off from the low diving board without the goggles slipping off or taking in water. Best of all, these goggles do not make sink marks around my eyes or nose.



SEE MY PHOTOS IN CUSTOMER IMAGES



For a better individual fit, these 2.0 Vanquisher goggles are shipped with three improved interchangeable nose pieces to accommodate different nose widths.



Of course, the Speedo Vanquisher 'COLOR: clear' goggles would allow too much light for swimming in strong daylight. To effictively reduce the sun glare during daytime workouts, I recommend the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Plus Mirrored Goggle. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Goggle (Clear)

Pros:

- best fitting pair of goggles i've ever worn

- keeps water out without making deep indentations around your eyes

- multiple nosepieces for different nose widths



Cons:

- the nose pieces are kind of hard to attach

- the nose piece i use sometimes disconnects, and i have to push it back in to connect the 2 halves of the goggle.

- they should make it easier to attach and detach the nosepieces. its not easy.

When I just got these they were perfect. They look great, work great, and are adjustable (nose piece). They were always clear. That is, for the first two uses. Since, it's been constantly fogging every fourth lap or so. It's not so bad so I still use them and I still love them. Perhaps all they need is some defogging spray. I would still recommend these. They're great for the price for the casual swimmer.

Just started to swim again after a 20 year break since high scool. These goggles are do much better than the goggles of yesteryear, comfortable, leak-proof, durable. Love them, I may even keep swimming.

Worked great on day 1. These literally fog up in less than 30 seconds, i can only get one lap and I can't see again. Pretty annoying on days with a lot of laps. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know, but I really don't like these and I would not recommend them.

these goggles are the best goggles i have ever used, if well taken care of and proper handling they should last you up to 6-7 weeks with the antifog doing its job, most goggles only give you 3-4 if well taken care of. they are soft on your face, but water doesn't go in your eyes, they are really fast, and if you want more efficiency and comfort get the sporti goggle bungee strapsSporti Bungee Strap: Goggle Accessories

I had the speedo V/2.0 with the heavy tint and couldn't see my watch, fish in my open ocean swims etc. Got the clear goggles and love them. Going to the dive shop next door today to get some anti-fog as they do fog but every thing I own does when exercising in the water. Great for the money. Also got a pair for the Mrs. whom is part American Indian (high cheekbones) and never had a pair of goggles or dive mask fit properly. With the nose piece adjustments that come with them she can now go out for the 1600yd open water swims without 'leaking'.

I bought this one last week and hit the pool the same night when I received it as I was so excited to try it out. The anti fog was working for first couple of laps. Then I took a rest and took it off. The moment I got back into the water after a few minutes, the fog started to build up in one of the goggles. I risen it with water and tried again, didn't help. The fog just kept building up. After this first use, I get fog every time. I don't know what happened, maybe they mailed me a returned item or there is something wrong with the anti fog coating in the manufacture phase.



I saw the other post mentioning the anti fog not working, but didnt pay much attention, which I should have.



To be fair, the goggle seals perfectly and not does not leak water. It's just not anti fog. If you are fine with that, this is a good choice. - Speedo - Goggles'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information