Friday 25 February 2011

Toro Snow Thrower - toro snow thrower, electric snow thrower


You only have to look at this 25 pound wonder to know its not a heavy duty snow blower. So don't think it is going to do the job of a huge gas powered rig.



Having said that - I have a 50ft two car wide driveway. It flings 5 inches of snow off that driveway in 10 to 15 min. I love it. I cant wait for more snow. It should have no problem with a foot of snow. its like a high powered snow vacume



You just plug it in and go. No gas, no spark plugs, no oil, no tune up. I am often done before the neighbor has cussed enough to get his gas monster (with head lights) running. I have full confidence in this rig.



I liked mine so much I purchased one ...for my brother...I have read people who are concerned with the power of an electric. The Toro has plenty of power and higher RPMs than a gas thrower. No blower works great in all condition. However in the snow we have had here in northern NJ it has no problem throwing snow 20 to 30 feet. I highly recommend this thrower. It is better than throwers in its class that and a little larger. But its not a match for a big rig. I have read some complain about small wheels. The wheels are just fine thank you! This blower will blow snow like crazy but It is not up to punching through the plow wall. I break up the plow wall with a shovel then blow it away. I calculate several inches of snow on my driveway weighs about 40 tousand pounds. This blower moves almost all of that and saves your back and heart for having fun in the snow.



Good Job Toro! Very convenient Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025

I live in NYC and I just used this snow thrower during the last nor'easter, in which we received 6 inches of snow. I just got home from work and there were my three neighbors: Mr. Nosey and Mr. and Mrs. Know-it-all half way done shoveling their driveways. "A lot of snow we got, eh, Crab. You got your work cut out for you!" With that the three of them started to smirk. Little did they know I had a secret weapon: The Toro 38025 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower which I had sent to me under the cover of darkness away from their prying eyes. Tired, cold, hungry and scared, I plugged that bad boy in and off I went. Within 30 minutes, I plowed my driveway to concrete while my snoopy neighbors were still digging away. I guess I got the last laugh. There was no hassle,no fuss, no gas, no oil, no spark plugs. It's also light weight and I was able to lift it and plow a snow drift. It's so small and compact that it takes little space inside my house. Just a caveat: you should spend the 10 extra bucks for the 100' cord. My only regret is that I should have bought the Toro last year!

I've been using this snowthrower for 5 years now, and it works ok, but has definite limitations. If you have a driveway that's longer than 30 feet, then seriously consider buying a gas-powered one. To me, the hassles of using this snow thrower is balanced by the relatively few days of heavy snow where I live, and also by my dislike of maintaining gas-powered tools. Recommended with reservations.



PROS:

- Lightweight and compact, so can be stored in shed easily.

- Electric, so virtually no maintenance.

- The electric motor is surprisingly powerful.

- Simple to set up and use.

- Works very well with dry, powdery snow.

- Quality construction, and zero problems in past five years.



CONS:

- Lack of torque and lightweight plastic construction means that it cannot handle compacted, icy, or wet snow. (This is when you feel like junking this tool.)

- There should be a mechanism that 'locks' the electric cord connection to the thrower, so that the cord doesn't keep disconnecting.

- The handle should retract and telescope for leverage and also to facilitate storage.

- The tiny plastic wheels must have come from a toy factory. They provide no traction and are merely useless appendages.

My neighbors are jealous. This is the little red engine that could. I've used it for 2 winters now in the Northeast with no problems. My driveway is 50' long x 20' wide. The sidewalks add another 25' on either side. I use extra long extension cords with no power loss. It takes less time to blow off my driveway than with a gas-powered, manly Ken snowblower. It cleared last winter's blizzard (the New Year's blizzard with knee deep snow) in less than an hour. Even though this little blower vanished into the deep snow, it blew it all out into huge mounds. Sometimes the cord is a hassle, but not enough to force me to buy a he-man snowblower. It is light enough that I lift it by its top handle to blow off the front porch. Because of its lightweight, I lift it to blow out what the city plows in at the end of my driveway by taking 'bites' out of the snow mounds kindly left at the end of my driveway. Before, I would call the city to come back and plow out what they plowed in because I had to do it all by hand (which they would do, I love my hometown). This Toro handles both light and heavy snow well. Assembly took 10 minutes for this Barbie, meaning a couple of bolts and snap-on parts. Instructions were crystal clear (pictures, no words needed). Wheel freezing is a problem, so I retrofitted some small knobby wheels on it, et voila - traction and problem solved. Light enough that it hangs from a hook in the garage. Thank you, Toro!

I have carpel tunnel syndrome and RTS, so I can't shovel. A snow blower was an obvious choice, but I was also concerned about a big vibrating machine. The lawn mower vibrations hurt my wrists also. I was on a mission to find a light, easy to use, powerful snow blower when I came across the 38025. When I received it, I'll admit I thought it may have been a bit cheaper in construction than I wanted.But in the month that I've had it, I used it about 8 times, and it has *far* exceeded my expectations. It is light enough to lift and use that even my tired wrist don't complain. It is quiet enough to have a conversation while using. It doesn't smell since it's electric. And it has more power than I expected. I'm extremely happy with it and would recommend this to any one with the following caveats:It's only 12" tall, so if you get a lot of snow, you either have to go out ever 8" of snow fall and throw it, or get a bigger machine.The power cord can take a bit of getting use to, and the connection to the machine is a bit untrustworthy. But fix both of these with a extra long bright power cord, and some tape to hold the correct plug on.I' - Toro 1800 - Snow Blower - Electric Snow Thrower - Toro Snow Thrower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information