Thursday 24 February 2011

1080p Lcd Hdtv


First, let me clarify that the TV is, in fact, native 1080p. No question about it.



Second, the panel on this TV is made by Samsung, and the quality is excellent.



Third, TCL's website has a find service center location search and it is quite extensive ..



Based on the two year warrantee, what I am seeing with my TV and Amazons excellent delivery, I'm giving this set a Best Buy rating ..



UPDATE 11/16/2010 .. this set is just plain excellent .. and Amazon service is top of the line .. my set developed a thin blue vertical line, I contacted Amazon, they picked up the set the next day and delivered a new set at the same time .. hard to beat that ..



Update 11/17/2010 .. it's a bit tiresome getting messages from folks who 1) don't have the TV and want to slam it in a public review 2)Know little to nothing about TV's .. I had an electronic repair business for 10 years and I've worked on a lot of TV's .. so I know what I'm talking about .. any TV by any maker is not 100% perfect 100% of the time .. I stand by the fact that this is a great set .. hey, if you don't want to buy it, go get something from the local 'Mart or what not .. or get nothing at all .. matters not to me .. I think you'll be missing out on a great deal, however ..



UPDATE 12/08/2010 .. Thanks to Original Aspect Ratio .... you might try this on any remote and see if it works .. what have you got to lose .. ?? .. keep in mind that this TV has been branded as RCA in the past ..

I have a Logitech Harmony remote. When I select "RCA L32HD41" the tv works 100% as far as I can tell. TCL L40FHDF11TA 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV with 2-Year Warranty, Black

Had to write a review for others like me who hadn't heard of the brand and were skeptical. This TV rocks ! It has a 2 yr warranty and a beautiful picture. I bought one for my mom , because her old HDTV broke. I spent over $800 on a Samsung 32 inch about 2 years ago (bought through Amazon) , and man do I regret that because the price on TV's dropped like crazy right after. This TV is just as good WITH MORE FEATURES than my Samsung. for the price you can't beat it , I got it for $320 !

I purchased this TV based on fairly good reviews,good price and two year warranty.On TCL/USA website they list two warranty service companies in my area of Overland Park,Kansas. I contacted both of these companies and they do not service TCL televisions. I contacted TCL customer Support at 1-877-300-8837 and they would not tell me where I could get warranty service other than to look at their website. So what good is a warranty if you cannot get any service? I hope someone with TCL sees this post and responds. I also think Amazon.com should look into this problem since they make a big deal about the two year warranty. Let the buyer beware.

Bought this for my college dorm this year and it works great! The picture is just as good as my samsung at home! My xbox 360 in HD looks amazing in 720p, you won't be able to tell the difference between 1080p at 32 inches. It's easy to set up right out of the box and the best thing is that it comes with a 2 YEAR WARRANTY! Overall for 320 dollars it provides great value! I don't think you'll find a new 32 inch TV cheaper anywhere else. Give it a chance!

TCL L40FHDF11TA 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV with 2-Year Warranty, Black



Summary

Pros:

Good price, quick no cost Amazon Prime delivery, decent picture, decent sound, tunes via RF to both cable analog, digital, and HD and over the air digital HD, lightweight, shipped in original box, 2 year warranty, works with both PS3 and Xbox 360, 1080i from cable box via component cables only



Cons:

Odd behavior with all three HDMI inputs, TV reports 720p via HDMI from 1080i HD cable box, plain vanilla no bells or whistles, shipped with half charged batteries, picture turns on a bit slowly, only one component input



*************************

EDITED 11-28-10

I've been told that reporting an input of 720p rather than 1080i from the cable box is a GOOD thing, although this is odd behavior from a native 1080p display in my experience. In addition according to the users manual the issue I experienced with the PS3 and HDMI input should resolve with unplugging and plugging back in the TV. Please bear this in mind when reading my review. I have revised my rating upward to 4 stars.



**************************



I've had this TV for about two weeks now, keeping it on pretty much 24/7; I want to discover any immediately developing problems as this will be a Christmas gift.



I've had it hooked up to cable via the RF input, and receive analog, digital, and a few HD channels from Comcast, as expected. No problems, nice picture, pretty good sound, easy setup, not too slow to change channels. RF cable and Xbox 360 component input is my intended end use. Just remember to point the remote to the lower left hand corner when standing close, and have a pair of fresh AAA alkaline batteries handy.



I was going to wait a while longer to review the L40FHDF11TA; I've been slowly testing the inputs. However, I have found an issue that could be a deal breaker for some:



The TV HDMI inputs do not recognize a 1080i input signal from my Comcast box, a Motorola DVR DCH 3416. The TV reports a 720p input signal on all three HDMI inputs. It does correctly report a 1080i input signal via component cables only from the cable box, however hook the HDMI back in to the TV and both inputs report 720p by the TCL L40FHDF11TA. These are the input signal reports from the TV only, the TCL L40FHDF11TA will deinterlace (with 1080i) or scale up (with 720p) to display 1080p in either case.



Here is what I have found in testing the inputs as reported by the TV:



HDMI

1080p correct with PS3, both native and blu ray; reliably with HDMI input 2 only (work around available, see above)

1080i correct with up converting Phillips DVD player, all three HDMI inputs

720p unexpected with above mentioned Comcast cable box, all three inputs



Component (remember there is only one of these)

1080i correct with Comcast cable box, but will reoprt 720p if HDMI from cable box is also plugged in

1080p correct with native Xbox 360, 480p with DVD playing (no upconversion)

480p correct from ReplayTV



Composite

480i correct from portable DVD player



S-Video

not available with TCL L40FHDF11TA



RF

correct input direct from Comcast cable, analog, digital, and 1080i HD signal working, no further information



Audio inputs in (analog) working



Headphone out working



USB media in JPEG working, no mp4 or AVI support



SPDF digital audio out not tested



VGA not tested



DVI/Computer audio in not tested



Audio output (analog) not tested



The TCL L40FHDF11TA 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV meets my needs; however the lack of multiple legacy inputs coupled with the odd behavior of at least some of the HDMI inputs with at least some HDMI sources should be carefully considered by any buyer.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


1080p Lcd Hdtv 1080p Lcd Hdtv 1080p Lcd Hdtv